Damn me and my bright ideas...

Cam'ron

So i am driving by the dealership by my work at lunch and what do i see.... the first 06 monte i have seen in edmonton since they came out. Of course i stop in and take a look at it :twisted:

I gotta say holy shit therye nice... took it for a test drive and god damn gotta love the V8 power, salesman was mentioning about the traction control, if it is off the car would spin for a block, so i tested him on it and jebus man the damn thing just roasted them for dman near a block, from a 15-20 kmh roll

talkin with the guy and he aid that i could probably get around 17,000-18,000 for mine cause it only has 60 k on it, he says that low mileage :shrug: showed me an 05 on the lot with 80K so i guess...

it definitely has me thinkin... monthly payment would actually go down if i jumped on it, but i would have to factory order it of course, just about every one in edmonton is an ss with leather and a sunroof, i dont want either.

ran a build yer car thing on gm canada.com and came to just a hair under 35,000 alot better than the 39,000 they wanted for the black one at the lot.

:lol: thats what i am thinkin... i have to talk about it with my parents cause dad is a cosigner on my 03 so i am sure i would need him there to do any deals on the 03

yeah i would like to see an offer on paper for that much for mine but hey who knows, if they wanna sell a new one they will pay what i want them too for mine

oh hell yeah i want the SS i just dont want the leather and sunroof... gotta factory order it cause every available SS in edmonton has leather and sunroof... i am very tall in the back and the seat dont go down farenought to stop me from hitting the roof with a sunroof and the seaters arent as retensive as you might think i was shiftin around quite a bit on the leather driving around this afternoon so i would like the cloth

No offense or anything, but 35 grand and you cant think of a better car to buy? I love the new Montes, but still...you could have a GTO in your driveway for that money or less. :shrug: I certainly wouldn't rush into anything that pricey.

how does me still owing money on my loan work if i buy a new car... do they pay it off and still give me trade in value towards the new one? or is it like a negative equity thing i heard my parent say that once when they traded in a car for newer

how does me still owing money on my loan work if i buy a new car... do they pay it off and still give me trade in value towards the new one? or is it like a negative equity thing i heard my parent say that once when they traded in a car for newer

Ah, the famous car sale ploy: "We'll pay off your trade no matter how much you owe!!"

IIRC, the dealer does pay off the rest of your outstanding balance on your trade-in vehicle. Then, they turn around and slap a large portion (if not all) of that amount onto the price/payment of your new car.

IIRC, the dealer does pay off the rest of your outstanding balance on your trade-in vehicle. Then, they turn around and slap a large portion (if not all) of that amount onto the price/payment of your new car.

that is exactly the way it works...

fuckin dealers... so i go back in there today to talk some numbers with the guy and magically my car dropped 5000 overnight, he said today it was no more than 12000 maybe 13,000... oh well it got me thinkin that i might be better off waiting till next year after they get all the first year bugs out of the system...

$35k Canadian he's talking about. Shit, I didn't even see the GTO listed on GM Canada's website. Are they not available up there?

Live mid-market rates as of 2006.03.11 05:46:20 UTC.

35,000.00 CAD = 30,147.72 USD

United States Dollars

1 CAD = 0.861364 USD 1 USD = 1.16095 CAD

Still not that big of a difference.