converting back seat

blkinternational

a little more on that.... the cars that have a fold down seat ALSO have a plastic surround that protects the sharp edges in the opening... at least on the gen 1 W's, which includes the 94 cs in your profile..... simple as that, you need to snatch the black plastic surround, and the metal clips that rivit to the body that the palstic suround screws to, in addition to the seat.

a little more on that.... the cars that have a fold down seat ALSO have a plastic surround that protects the sharp edges in the opening... at least on the gen 1 W's, which includes the 94 cs in your profile..... simple as that, you need to snatch the black plastic surround, and the metal clips that rivit to the body that the palstic suround screws to, in addition to the seat.

bah that's just unnecessary weight. i left it at the junkyard when i pulled my fold down seat. :lol: i only got the fold down seat to get air to my amp anyway

bah that's just unnecessary weight. i left it at the junkyard when i pulled my fold down seat. :lol: i only got the fold down seat to get air to my amp anyway

do u have any pics of ur seat swap

Are you serious? It's easy as HELL. You dont need pictures, but I'll post some anyways. :lol:

You can see the said plastic trim in this pic of mine...

771265_8_full.jpg

You just pull those little round clips out, and it comes off. Those clips are a bitch to pull out though.

Side note, I have the plastic suround thing, as well as the whole rear seat back if you want it. But you will need to pick it up ( the seat at least )

I bent the shit out of the little metal clips to snap the surround to, but you really dont need them anyways.

details :roll: but yeah it is nothing more than a seat swap, but the rubber surround is a good idea if for nothin more than looks

95+ montes and luminas have a slightly different rear seat surround...

which will be fun for me.. since I have 95+ seats from a lumina in my 92.

I dont know about others, but GP coupe fold down back seats (or aleast on my 90 coupe) is a little wider than a GP sedan. Thats just my experience. It still fit, but it looked kinda weird as there was a little gap on each side where the seat was buldged out.

I dont know about others, but GP coupe fold down back seats (or aleast on my 90 coupe) is a little wider than a GP sedan. Thats just my experience. It still fit, but it looked kinda weird as there was a little gap on each side where the seat was buldged out.

good point.

this is important.... the coupe and sedan seats are different... I've dissected some junk ones.... they ALL have the same frame sedans and coupes (iirc gen 1 and gen 1.5 too) but the coupes are narrower than the sedan seats. the difference is made up by the width of the foam packing on the edges of the seat.

For example, to my knowledge no 95+luminas have fold down rear seats, but the same upholstry pattern used in my car is in monte carlos... so I would salvage the foam inserts from a gen 1 sedan fold down seat and do an upholstry wrap on the seat sides(using upholstry from my current rear seat) so the seat would look correct. I would also have to grab the gen 1 opening surround, and the opening may require a little cutting for fitment

Dammit... I only have seen one of these seats at the j/y and i missed it :(

i was at the local junkyard today and i found a fold down out of a 94 matching.. for 70 is this to much

well if you go to Parts Galore you can get a rear seat for $12, and they have w-bodies up the ass, so I would never pay $70 for it...

i was at the local junkyard today and i found a fold down out of a 94 matching.. for 70 is this to much

well if you go to Parts Galore you can get a rear seat for $12, and they have w-bodies up the ass, so I would never pay $70 for it...

You would hard-pressed to find that at parts galore.

You would hard-pressed to find that at parts galore.

seriously??? I see tons of Ws there all the time with full sets of seats....I really have never looked for the fold down ones, but there are bucket sets there all the time from GPs

Seems a bit much to me too, considering I got four seats and a console for 30 bucks more.

But...I hardly ever see CS coupe fold down rear seats, especially in cloth. What color are you looking for anyway?

I pulled leather seats from a 95 4 door cutlass international.

2 things... The bolt holes do not line up on the bottom at all. , I managed to get the top portion on but it was still somewhat tight.Whole your at it take the top speaker surround thing because its also different.. I'll post some pics later.