Spark plugs

92Cutlass4Dr

I'm planning to replace spark plugs tomorrow, and i want some quick recommendations. i don't need anything special, my engine is totally stock. I've heard here that Bosch Platinum are bad because they deteriorate with the waste spark. So, how about NGK or just basic AC Delco?

Thanks in advance

Double platinum plugs dont deteriorate in the waste spark system. Some manufacturers actually require double platinum plugs for warranty purposes. I put NGK's in a couple of my cars. I have double platinum in my Z34. :) :)

Basically, platinum spark plugs are good for long life. The problem with them is they give off a weak spark because platinum is a poor conductor. The AC-Delco plugs are the best ones for your car, if not them then Champions are good as well. :guns: :peace: :puke: :think:

My Bosch platinum 4's were still going strong after 60,000, but then I took my heads to the machine shop with out taking them out...they're kinda flat on the electrode end now :lol: I'd go with the Delco's though. I couldn't tell any difference with the $40 anyways

Ive got ACDelco Professional Platmium plugs, really nice. I replaced mine, and the wires with the Professional serries wires over the winter

Jon

Replaced the plugs today, but i decided to be cheap. I went with the AC delco stock plugs. i might be selling the car with in 6 months and since the car is stock, i figured why bother. I also replaced my front speakers (JL Audio TR 4" speakers) and went tire shopping. it was a pretty productive day.

Thanks for the advice.