High Resistance

Spoon

I was checking some wiring and the next step was to check for High resistance, open or short. I disconnected the circuit and was measuring resist. from one end of the wire to the other, this wire also had a connection in the middle. My reading was .2 ohms. is that too high? What is too much? 1 ohm?

Thanks.

Well it will depend on what your trying to measure. All wires dont have the same resistance ( The same gauge might ) But what are you trying to measure that the wire goes to? Im not quite understand this. What circuit? What part on the car?

Maybe its just me but :shrug:

The left park lights and stop lights work and the right park lights work, but I don't have any power at the right sockets for the stop lamps. I checked the ground there ok. both bulbs are ok as well.

sounds like it could be a faulty turn signal switch???

well the stop and turn signal lights use the samw wire... to the turn signals and flashers work?

for a resistance check, you could measure and compare the left and right stop lamp wires to each other...