75$ fer a lip spoiler and 1 tailight...hahaha

Turbocharged400sbc

i found a lip spoiler equiped cutty in the Jyard today when i was scrapping my truck...the spoiler and right tailight were fine but the drivers side was screwed...he wanted 75$ fer the two and wouldnt budge "i cant sell the mint decklid without the spoiler"

i shoulda put a dent in the trunklid... :lol:

oh well...it was a little warped in the middle... :(

but at least today i picked up a buncha stuff from an 00 impala L36 today

so now i have the heads and shtuff for further work on the SI/SII 3800 Hybrid project... 8)

Regards, James

nice find....I have seen single taillights with the lip sell for more then that by themselves on eBay....may the force be with you finding a decent priced drivers tail :D

Al still hasent made up his mind whether he wants to section a 70 442 spoiler and put it on or the cutty wing (he has one, with 3rd brake light) or a lip spoiler...so i didnt buy it...the tail light had some tiny surface cracking/checking on it with a little bit of scratches...and the lip piece had a little wave in the top middle (prob from closing the trunk by it)

plus i only had 50$ on me...i would have gotten it if he would have went down to 50$

i still wish that Al would make up his mind on which spoiler he wants :bash:

Oh fer those interested in it...

Erickson's auto salvage (815) 389-1611

talk to Wayne and tell him schlim from Wayne's world told ya to call him

they are located just north of rockford IL on 251

James

WOW, what a price shock. I returned from Pull and Save (ie, U - pull) in Spokane WA today and I did in fact walk by a 94 Cutlass with the goodies described. Here's their prices:

Tail Lamp by the Inch $1.00

Rear Spoiler $12.00

Trunk Lid-Deck $16.00

They could care less what the parts come off of; the price IS the price. Most expensive thing on any car in the yard is an engine assembly @ $135. Another jewel out there, and I've passed them up, is a Super Charger for the 3800 @ a "whopping" $16.00 (same price for ANY turbo charger). They even offer a 30 day guarantee on their parts :D . Don't you guys have a self serv junk yard like this in your neck of the woods?

*Newest cars on the lot are normally a 94 or older. No air bags are available for resale. Come hell or high water, these cars are on the lot for 30 - 45 days then it's off to the crusher. No regards for what is still left on the car. They buy them for $50 - $75 on average. And the supply is endless with over 100 cars amonth passing through there in the winter. More in the summer.

too spensive. cant really see the crack in mine, so 45$ is a bit steep. if my stupid roommate wouldnt have broken the other one I had when we moved out I'da had one. Oh well, I'll look next week, I can probably find one if i look hard enough

WOW, what a price shock. I returned from Pull and Save (ie, U - pull) in Spokane WA today and I did in fact walk by a 94 Cutlass with the goodies described. Here's their prices:

Rear Spoiler $12.00

Trunk Lid-Deck $16.00

They could care less what the parts come off of; the price IS the price. Most expensive thing on any car in the yard is an engine assembly @ $135. Another jewel out there, and I've passed them up, is a Super Charger for the 3800 @ a "whopping" $16.00 (same price for ANY turbo charger). They even offer a 30 day guarantee on their parts :D . Don't you guys have a self serv junk yard like this in your neck of the woods?

*Newest cars on the lot are normally a 94 or older. No air bags are available for resale. Come hell or high water, these cars are on the lot for 30 - 45 days then it's off to the crusher. No regards for what is still left on the car. They buy them for $50 - $75 on average. And the supply is endless with over 100 cars amonth passing through there in the winter. More in the summer.

You have a PM

Rear Spoiler $12.00

Trunk Lid-Deck $16.00

Sounds like Parts Galore. Honestly the prices sound the same too. God knows I love the place.

Got a set in a yard that is about a block away from me that seems to be in good condition. I listed it in the FS section.

And I wish I had a yard like that in Flint. All 3 million of them are only interested in how much they can make off people.