dash lights

blkinternational

im new to this site so i thought i might ask u people if u might kno why the lights that illuminate my gauges arnt working they just went out randomly im not sure why...somtimes they will work for like 1 min then go back out. i checked all fuses and connections..any suggestions? thanks

If you are reffering to the lights behind your gauge cluster, it is very possible that one/many of the little black sockets that hold the light bulbs in has gone bad. A new set of sockets can be had at any auto parts store for cheap. :)

/hope that helps

yeah i had the whole dash out and was lookin at the only connection in the back of the cluster it looked fine, i dunno where to start when tryin to fix this theres so manny fuckin wires

sweet sweet cuz i can get my hands on a digital or just another cluster pretty easy.. from a junk yard on off of 94 and sheldon..its called choppers

yeah maybe...im just hoping to get some lights on the gauges soon its hard to fuckin see anything i drive with a interior light on at night now lol

info.... stockgp makes a harness adapter. he is very helpful....:)

the digital ub3 cluster in CS's was used from 88-91..

the cluster for 92, 93, and 94 CS are different...

92 and 93 should interchange... as long as you use the correct oil sending unit with the swap....

BUT 94 has the security light and airbag light added. I feel this is important to know what your car is doing, so if I was to swap a non 94 cluster into a 94 i would add indicators to let me know if there was a problem.

88-94 all fit the same though.

the good news is if you are to replace the cluster with another 94, the odometer unscrews from the cluster and can be swapped cluster to cluster.. easy-as-pie.

may i suggest... taking your current cluster and reheating all the wire connection solder joints? GM has suffered from cold solder joints after all.

if i change out the cluster..wouldnt my miles be all fucked up
Yeah, but you shoulda be able to get them redone at the dealer......

If that works, please let us know. Most dealers I have spoke with won't even touch odometers for any reason, and even if they do, they quoted me almost $200 to change an odometer.

Temporary idea:

Buy a cheap map light that fits into your cigarette lighter. Then aim it at the dash. Should be less general light in the car/more focused on the dash. :idea:

wow this is alot of help thanks guys.....im still thinkin of what im gonna do im gonna try rehaeating the soder sand se if that works untill then i have little LED's aimed at the gauges for now 8)