Switching over a digital dash to analog

89GP_SE

I was just wondering if any of you have done this? Is there any special wiring mods I have to do before I can use it, or does it just plug right. I am taking out the digital cluster from an 89 Grand Prix Se with the tach and other gauges, and intalling the analog one. How difficult is it?

Also on another note, where can i find a dash kit for this car? I grabbed a 91 grand prix stereo plastic thing, it surrounds the temperature controls and radio ect. Can i just bolt this up with a 92 grand prix install kit or what?

you'll have to repin the harness a bit and eliminate a couple wires.

on a side note, does anyone have a pic of a base cluster from 89? i've seen the digital one with analog tach and so forth, but i didn't even know there was a base version of it.

back on topic, i can make you an adapter if you're interested.

as far as the radio, i'm not sure an aftermarket hu will fit in the factory spot. plus, since the radio receiver unit is actually under the passenger side of the dash, i think you'd have quite a bit of rewiring to do.

it's been a few years since i've had an 89, though, so i could be worng

I dont thin that he has to rewire it i used to have a 89 Grand Prix with digital dash and put one out of 1993 analog and worked without any problems and without rewiring it.

maybe not. but i have a 90 and put an 89 digital dash in once and i had to drive around with my lights on all th etime or you couldn't see the dash. i'm not even sure if all the gauges worked right or not