88 gp digital dash going out

Pogo420

alright now i've found this prob searching google but so far all i see is where to send it to fix it and how much it cost, which so far around 100 bucks, now i can't seem to find anything bout it on here, maybe i'm jus not searching wit the right words, but my digital dash goes out completely(w/ headlights on) but when i punch it bam comes back on, my mechanic friend said it's probably bad ground or something

I'm jus wondering if anyone has this problem and were able to fix it? or does anyone know which gauge clusters will wit an 88 gp, im pretty sure its jus 88-93 or something close to that!

thanks for any help! peace~

those digital clusters are known for being shitty....go grab one at a j/y and cross your fingers that it works....otherwise swap in the analog cluster...

well if its a simple wireing problem then i can take on that, but when i went over it last i didn't see anything that stood out, and i rather not go analog, at least i don't wanna give up that easy! lol

If you're handy with a soldering iron, there are a lot of solder joints that loosen up over time... I'd resolder the thing.

I agree to that! I had an 86 Corvette with the infamous digital crap dash that 84-89 Vettes had.They were prone to getting cracks at the solder areas.

The fix ws to open up and resolder all the places it needed it along with any visible cracks.Presto,like new working dash again.Im sure the principle is the same for all digital dashes over time,unless an LCD is on the way out.

Do be sure the wire harness is plugged in tight too.

:werd: My 88 GP cluster also had a sticky tach, which I cleaned then it worked better.

I have it for sale... it's got about 170,000miles on it. Click on the link in my sig if you want to see pics.