FYI, UB3 cluster mileage re-programming, 105 bucks Canadian

99vetteman

Just for anyone who is interested, I inquired at the dealer what it would cost to have my UB3 corrected to the proper mileage as it is much more then what my car currently has. The dealer themselves do not do it. They send it out to some electronics place they are contracted with to get it done. Would obviously be slightly cheaper in american dollars.

Basically they told me they can put whatever mileage you want on there!

Cheers,

Jason

Basically they told me they can put whatever mileage you want on there!

I find this rather disturbing...

lots of people rebuild, or in this case swap. If youre worried about a car with false milage, thats what carfax is for ;-) I agree though, any nutjob could sell his car and claim 100k less

Just get it set to like 2000miles higher than when you purchased the car, and when you sell it tell people it sat in a garage most of the time. :lol:

Legally, the odometer can say whatever you want it to... when you go to sell the car, however, It's illegal to falsely represent how many miles are on it... but this is why you have odometer corrections right on the title, so that you can put an actual number on there if the odometer is incorrect. Also, i'm pretty sure there's a check box if you don't know how many miles are on the car.