Interior mod?'s

gimp19

This summer I want to get start fixing up my crappy base model interior but I need some info before I can get started.

1. how hard is it to get one of those 1 piece bench seats out?

2. what cars have buckets that will bolt right in and look stock?

3. are all leather buckets power? cause I'd rather not have to run power to them and I want leather seats that recline. If not all just get some cloth buckets because I know they make manual ones (unless the wiring for power seats is already in my car).

4. how do the center consoles get bolted in?

What I really want to do is the gauges cluster upgrade and it dosn't seem to be that hard but is there anyway to change the milage?

My bench seat is two parts on my GP, dont know about your cutty. I would say buckets from a newer cutty would look good, even the buckets out of an older GTP or even out of a newer GP would look good, dont know about how color would match up though. I think any seats from a Gen I W-body will bolt right in. As far as I know, all leather seats are power, although Im not sure on that.

Robby

All seats from Cutlass Supremes will bolt right in. i used to have a bench seat and now i put bucket seats from 89 Internation (ran power wires from lighter and works very easy to do). Console is easy to put in, all i did was to cut the piece of carper for it and put those little metal clips to hold the console and it was done, even cable for the transmission is not very hard to connect. About the dash get a 92+ dash if you have a base cluster in your car becasue that will connect right in without any rewiring you will just have to put oil and temperature sensors thats it.

My Cutty was a base model when i got it and i hated it but now i got all the options including HUD and DIC even installed a remote trunk opener.

I have always wanted one of those digital gauge clusters but at this point I really dont care as long as it has more gauges then my delco digital cluster and it works all the time. I'm not the best when it comes to electronics so maybe I'd be better of with the analog one anybody have a picture of it?

NORBI,

Last summer I replaced the coolant temperature switch (turns the fan on) and the coolant temerature sensor (sends the signal to the dash) and one of them was a big pain in the ass to get to cause it was squeezed between the engine and the firewall. In fact I had to have my uncle do it for me cause my hands were to big. So is that the one I have to change or is it the easier one? I have a 2.8l witch should be the same engine you have THANKS

BTW What gauges does the 92-94 analog dash have?

I think what you changed was a switch to turn the warning light on the dash, but now you will have to change to sensor so the gauges will work.

here is a picture of my dash in my 88 CS base model like yours. As you can see i still have whats left of the granny shifter by the steering wheel, and you can also see my new console shifter. This pictures is little outdated because right now i have a new steering wheel with an airbag that improwed looks inside.

dash.jpg

I changed two sensors that had to do with the cooling system. I dont remember if the one I have to change to make the coolant temerature gauge to work is a pain in the ass to get to or not. Did you have any problems gettin to it? Thanks for the pic

Lets see if I can make this a little more clear,

Last summer my cooling fan was not coming on so I replaced the "coolant temerature switch" turns the fan on and the "low coolant sensor/coolant temperature sending unit" witch sends the signal to the light or gauge on the dash.

I remember one of the two sensors being pretty easy to replace and one of them being really hard to get to. It was in a really tight hard to get to spot between the engine and firewall. I couldn't get to it myself and had to have my uncle do it for me. I hope thats not the one because it even took my uncle over an hour to get it back in nice and tight.

hope this helps :?

You will have to change that switch for the coolant to the sensor so it will show temperature not switch on the light when it gets too hot, and also same thing with oil pressure you have switches that turn on warning lights on your dash when they get out of range but now you will have to put sensors so they will show oil pressure and temperature as it is.