Looks like Im joining the club....

19Cutlass94

J00 Guys are's's T3h weaksauce!

I've laid a black mark with the 'ol 2.8 regal! Even with cheap-ass tires but you 3100 guys can't!? Jesus, I havent changed the oil in 20,000 miles! Wait... That ain't good... :shock:

I've laid a black mark with the 'ol 2.8 regal! Even with cheap-ass tires but you 3100 guys can't!?

It seems that he is the only 3100 guy that cant...

I know my car can break them loose from a stop for a good 2 seconds on dry pavement with 225 tires. You can tell in this video when my tires get grip...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6313211944137226/feb25night_038/

yeah from a dead stop, I just push it to the floor and she just takes off, doesnt even spin em. I know there gotta be a problem with the engine and I might find it when I tear into it. But the tires are 225/60R/16's with like 37 PSI is them, and there fucking winter tires!!! ( although it is very soft rubber)

haha yeah I think I am the only 3100 who cant spin em on dry pavement :lol:

Or simply stated, floored. But WOT just sounds better :wink:

Well Ive come to a very obvious statement. There is something wrong with my car! :lol: All you guys are saying you can spin em no prob, but I cannot. Well Im going to have to leave it at that until I tear into the motor. I mean it doesnt smoke doesnt do anything so Im guessing its prolly something internal, since theres no obivous signs or anything.

I've laid a black mark with the 'ol 2.8 regal! Even with cheap-ass tires but you 3100 guys can't!?

It seems that he is the only 3100 guy that cant...

I know my car can break them loose from a stop for a good 2 seconds on dry pavement with 225 tires. You can tell in this video when my tires get grip...

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6313211944137226/feb25night_038/

My old 96 cutty wouldn't spin the tires either. hrmmm

ok fact to the matter is..... spinning tires is only for show, same with smoke, unless it is for a reason IE: Pre 1/4 mile run burnout on slicks. other than that, what is really impressive is when a car hooks up and get phenomonal 60' times. just IMHO.

True, but when you have an engine that cant possibly spin the tires at all...that's just not cool. :lol:

just get some dry rotted tires and then drive in the rain....even the mighty LQ1 can roast them in those conditions...

True, but when you have an engine that cant possibly spin the tires at all...that's just not cool. :lol:

just get some dry rotted tires and then drive in the rain....even the mighty LQ1 can roast them in those conditions...

:wink:

I always feel like the car will explode beneath me when I go WOT in the Beretta. I guess the lil 2.2 hotrod isn't meant for drag racing. Who'd have thought?

Anyway, my car handles WOT from a very slow roll (like turning onto a side street) best. Then it shifts like it should. I went WOT at like 45 or so mph once, and the car decided to drop into first and rev itself sh!tless. Not good.

My car's not a racer, and I know it. I just can't resist stomping it and going like this: :mrgreen: every once in a while. :lol:

EDIT: A few weeks ago, my aunt took off at WOT from a stop in her 94 3.4 CS. The body has close to 180k, but this is the car's 2nd motor, so I've got no idea how many miles are on the motor. Anyway, after being floored and revving like no other, the check engine light came on :lol: . My aunt babied the car the rest of the day too.

I mean its great that my car hooked up and everything but I mean if my motor should be able to spin the tires and it doesnt, theres gotta be something wrong....

I used to stomp on it when I first started driving the car, and it'd spin the tires easily. But once it stopped chirping at WOT from a standstill, I stopped doing it. Figured I'd done enough damage.

Actually, now that I know I'll be owning the car outright within a year, I haven't had the engine over 3000 rpm. Not once.

And this is an LQ1.