Looks like Im joining the club....

19Cutlass94

of people who cant spin the tires. The other thread got locked (which I was going to post in) I went WOT from a stop several times and even from a slight roll. Didnt matter, couldnt spin em. The thing was, it wasnt like it was trying and just didnt go anywhere, Its like when you have a real good set of tires, they bite and just take off, yeah well thats what Im doing. I didnt see if it would churp the tire in second, well because it didnt spin em in first, and I wasnt exactly in a "good" area to be going 50+mph. So Ive officially joined the club.

My car seems like it runs better too. Prolly going WOT a couple times prolly cleaned all the shit out of it in there.

Wow once a week???? I better stop I go WOT daily in the Malibu.

I still don't get it? My cars spin the tires fine but I don't make a habit of it. It's really bad on a lot of parts.

Dude, I go WOT countless times during the week. Maybe that's why my engine looked so clean when I opened it up. I don't do it from a stop, but I can sure as hell spin my tires.

Your car is sick.

I dont go WOT very often. *maybe* once a month if that. I duno maybe when I open up the motor next month Ill find something :shrug:

But I know it also depends on the tires, as some stick better than others to dry pavment, but still. I mean my 3100 has more power than the 3.1's so I should be able to then right? I mean it felt like it wanted to spin, but just didnt.

Yeah, I can spin em'. I got WOT a few times a week, and I feel bad after.

:lol: Post spinning depression???

Yeah, I can spin em'. I got WOT a few times a week, and I feel bad after.

:lol: Post spinning depression???

Yes! I feel bad, cause it's so hard on the car. I'd rather not spin them, but whatever. I just don't wanna drop the tranny.

My car I don't go WOT as much anymore (well lately because ther's been a foot of snoe everywhere, and the city won't plow it off the street because they sold all their snow removal machinary a few years ago lol).....plus my tranny is a little sick, and as everyone knows the 3.1 has no balls at all after 4500rpm or so, so why cause all the extra stress on the tranny shifting higher up when it doesn't need too.

But yeah I can spin my tires.....I don't make a habit of it though....I've been doing enough spinning in the last week to last a lifetime :D

So, how often can yuo go WOT without really wrecking anything? Like there would be a shitload of wear I'm sure everytime you mat it.

Are you talking from a stop or while rolling?

So, how often can yuo go WOT without really wrecking anything? Like there would be a shitload of wear I'm sure everytime you mat it.

Are you talking from a stop or while rolling?

I don't know, either one. I know from a stop would be bad cause you are doing all that spinning, but for the DOHC that rev's to 7 grand, from a roll would be eqaully as bad, right?

It's probably stressful on the engine, but I mat the gas pedal quite a lot, and my powertrain keeps coming back for more.

That's good, I just want to be careful. I have heard of people dropping tranny's in DOHC's. I know it's bad form a stop and I know it can't be good for the tranny to always shift at 7 grand. BTW, soon I will do 0-60 run, because I was the only one not to give one!

Very rarely do I WOT from a stop. That's just hard on the car and you can feel it.

When I'm rolling I WOT all the time, I really don't think it's that bad for our cars. I try to let off the gas when it's going to shift though, cause I do believe it's probably alot easier on the tranny that way.

I'm not really concerned about the engine at all- but rather the tranny.

my car has no trouble spinning the tires and its the same engine/trans/year and probably the same sized tires lol

Thats not right :lol: Then mine should easly be able to spin them. But I know its either my valve seals or the rings that are leaking, but would one of those cause a compression drop?

chadz34, I still need to d oa 0-60 vid so your not the only one!

my car has no trouble spinning the tires and its the same engine/trans/year and probably the same sized tires lol

Thats not right :lol: Then mine should easly be able to spin them. But I know its either my valve seals or the rings that are leaking, but would one of those cause a compression drop?

chadz34, I still need to d oa 0-60 vid so your not the only one!

Ok, let's do some videos. I'll do one tomorrow! I agree with C-BAD. I think the motors are strong, I'd just be worried about the transmission.

haha Ill do a video no problem, but I have no way to upload it into the computer! :lol: so Ill need to get a new one, or go to a friends house and have a friend do it for me.....

but yeah the engines are deff strong, the tranny is the weak point. But I can think of several things that hurts my car as it sits now in terms of engine power. I think this might be why I wasnt spinning

haha Ill do a video no problem, but I have no way to upload it into the computer! :lol: so Ill need to get a new one, or go to a friends house and have a friend do it for me.....

but yeah the engines are deff strong, the tranny is the weak point. But I can think of several things that hurts my car as it sits now in terms of engine power. I think this might be why I wasnt spinning

Alright, I'm gonna do a video tomorrow, I think I have the perfect spot to do it too! :D