Final Drive Ratio.... " Diff Gears"

ctx46

is there any way to tell what the FDR is in my tranz. like a certain casting.... of distiction..... but none vin or car taggs......

I think the GM dealership that did my tranz put a SE's tranz into my GTP.....

I know that the SE's FDR is a taller gear than the dohcs because of there torquey motors, but my car is a POOCH below 3000rpm.... I think even more tha otheres... thats why Im asking about it......

and for those who know..... cna you change the diff with out removing the tranz?

thanks

Joe

if you have an LQ1, the final drive is 3.43. If you have an LH0 or L82, its 3.33. Another difference is the drive/driven gears. With LH0s and L82s the ratio is 35/35, keeping the 3.33. With LQ1s its 33/37. So, if you put the drive/driven gears from a LQ1 equipped tranny on an LH0 or L82 equipeed tranny you will get a 3.73 Final drive

Robby

is there any way to tell what the FDR is in my tranz. like a certain casting.... of distiction..... but none vin or car taggs......

I think the GM dealership that did my tranz put a SE's tranz into my GTP.....

I know that the SE's FDR is a taller gear than the dohcs because of there torquey motors, but my car is a POOCH below 3000rpm.... I think even more tha otheres... thats why Im asking about it......

and for those who know..... cna you change the diff with out removing the tranz?

thanks

Joe

My car is not to quick off the line either. Dont worry your not alone. There is no way of removing the diff unless you yank the trans out and rip it apart. :)

yeah LQ1s arent know for their launches. But, they can rev to like 7200. Since they make all their power up top, you just gotta hold it in to near the limiter.

Robby