New car on the horizon....

perfecseal

Ok our lovely little daily driver has finaly out grown us .. Soo I started looking for a newer car.. And what did I find well a 1997 Grand prix GTP sedan.. 145230 miles power everything leather seats moon roof automatic .. From the listing ===>Over $12,000 invested in this Sharp, clean car. New supercharger, brakes, rotors,trany. You name it its been fixed. Owned by ASE certified GM mechanic. Very well taken care of. Stored winters

So my question to all of you is .. I have never delt with the newer grand prixs .. What do I need to look for .. Basicly the good the bad and the ugly.. I plan to use this car as a daily driver and dont want to be disapointed...

Ohh yah he wants 3500 or best offer.. Any thoughts or comments ?

Sounds like a good deal for the price, if all that stuff has been replaced. Ask him when the supercharger oil was last changed. If he looks at you kinda like "WTF", thats when you need to stay away LOL..

by 145,xxx the elctrical problems (ignition switch, and something with the heater) should have come up by now, and since a GM mechanic owned it one would certinally think that they have been properlly fixed.

make sure the heater blower works on all speeds, the DIC dosen't cut on and off. and go over all the suspension be sure the struts are good.

but hell for $3500 for a second gen, it sounds like you can't really go wrong. just be sure the trans shifts good. and check the fluids, but that goes without saying.

I called and left a message on his machine.. It is saposed to have a new tranny but of course I will check everything.. I normaly piss ppl off when I lock at cars cause I take a tool box with me..check the fluids Oil , tranny , coolent ,... Pull the plugs and check them ,run a check with the scan tool and pull off atleast two tires to check the breaks , struts and other random undercarrige stuff.. But I hate to buy something thats gona fall apart.. thus the reason I asked All of you for some pointers on the 2 gen gps.

dose anyone have a car fax account that they could run this for me??

the vin is 1G2WP5212VF309373

Look in the Whatever! section, there's a guy that's doing Carfaxes until the 9th. It's a sticky.