DO NOT attempt a UB3 cluster swap on a late model 94'Cutlas

99vetteman

As some of you know, I ordered my Ub3 cluster which has extremely low miles on it, and started this pin out swap this morning to put it in following the directions on the upgrades page here. Well all I can say is that 95% of the wiring is different, different colours etc... For example C12 should go to C1. Well It would help if my cluster HAD A C12 to begin with!!!!!!! There were many many more differences. I am thinking in the late model run of 94' Mine is an August car, they definitely changed something. thank god I labelled every wire I took off and was able to but the original cluster in.

Just a heads up guys!

Jason

I went over the instruction at least 10 times, and double checked my work 4 times. I know I did it correctly because when I put the old cluster back in, everything worked perfectly and I had every wire labelled. And C12 for example was not used. Among many others...

Jason

someone else said that had that problem and had to take it back to the dealership to get repinned, but mine worked almost flawlessly (except for the obvious oil sensor and dimming) :shrug:

I've heard that the main page's wiring diagram is off. Also, I dont know what pinouts you used for the 94 harness, but they are different than the 92-93 clusters. I have the proper 94 pinouts here if you need them. And they didn't change pinouts mid year.

Mine is working fine, so it's certainly not an impossible thing to do... :shrug:

whopa.jpg

Matt, if you want to fix your dimming, tap the grey/black park lights on wire at the headlight switch and run it to C10 on the cluster.

I've heard that the main page's wiring diagram is off. Also, I dont know what pinouts you used for the 94 harness, but they are different than the 92-93 clusters. I have the proper 94 pinouts here if you need them. And they didn't change pinouts mid year.

Mine is working fine, so it's certainly not an impossible thing to do... :shrug:

whopa.jpg

Matt, if you want to fix your dimming, tap the grey/black park lights on wire at the headlight switch and run it to C10 on the cluster.

I sent you a PM, please e-mail the correct 94 pinouts....

Jason

I PMed you the pinouts. The '94s are different because they use security and airbag dummy lights. Just out of curiousity, what pinouts were you using?

I PMed you the pinouts. The '94s are different because they use security and airbag dummy lights. Just out of curiousity, what pinouts were you using?

I was using the pinouts on this w-body page. The one under the upgrades section. Do you have a cross reference for the pinouts for 94'?

LIke C1 to whatever...?

I Guess all UB3's are the same? So just look at the pinouts for the UB3 and match them to the List you gave me?

Jason

Damn, how the hell did you even get anywhere? The main page doesn't even have the pinouts for an analog cluster...

I dont have any cross reference chart, but I can sorta give you an example or what you need to do...

By looking at the pinouts, the analog C1 moves to C4 on the UB3 ( brake indicator ), then you'd put the analog C13, to that C1 postion ( ignition power )....and just keep going like that.

And yes, all UB3s are the same.