Need technical HVAC bulb info

jpv123

O.K. I went to the dealer to buy those tiny little HVAC bulbs everyone said was $6 each. They stated they don't sell them and I have to buy the whole unit for $850 :x . No F-in' way. Anyway I have a friend who will do the soldiering for me. I just have to get the bulbs. Does anyone now the voltage and value (brightness) of the bulbs? I'm talking about the ones that light the buttons up on the automatic climate control. I'm gonna try and find them at a electronics warehouse. Any help in any direction (except backwards) would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I don't see any stamp on the bulbs themselves.

BALD JESUS ON A SCOOTER!!!!!!! 850 dollars?

Let me see what I can find in my local yard. There's several Cuttys there. At the least, I can see if I can get you one of them bulbs...or even the whole unit. Yours is the auto unit, right?

Yes its the auto unit I need at least 3 bulbs. One was out and I took it apart to see WTF and when I put it all back two others went out. once you F--- with them the filiments break easy. Thanks

No prob man. Of course, if I go get you the one that you need, mine will blow up. :lol: What's the most you'll give for a complete unit, just so I have room to negotiate with them?

Not sure yet. I'm a little concerned that those bulbs may be bad also since they are the same age. Let me try and find them new first cause I'll change all 8 (even at $6 each its a cheap fix) and I know Im good for a while. I hear this is common on these cars. If not I'll let you know.

The bulbs cost-----get this---pack of 2 for $1. w00! Replace them all once you get it apart, because new bulbs are brighter than old ones, and you WILL notice it

My driver info computer, and 3 Cutlass climate controls. The bulbs were a direct replacement for the computer, the original climate control bulbs were bigger, but the radioshack bulbs were still a little bit brighter!

Today I went to Radio Shack and bought the bulds They were 2 for $1.49 They went up in price! Anyway, now I just have to get them soldiered in. I can't wait.