one_fast_prix

alright well starting next weekend, i'm getting my 3.1 n/a turboed with a rebuilt stock tgp t25, intercooler, 19lb larger injectors, custom chip,fuel pump, 15psi, and pipe. now i don't know a whole lot about cams, but i see people throwing in the h260 crane cam in alot, and just wondering if this is something i should have put in with this setup and if its going to do any good. and if anybody has any other suggestions that'll will be eventually needed or the car would benefit from. i'm trying to pretty much get the bulk of things done at once.

alright well starting next weekend, i'm getting my 3.1 n/a turboed with a rebuilt stock tgp t25, intercooler, 19lb larger injectors, custom chip,fuel pump, 15psi, and pipe. now i don't know a whole lot about cams, but i see people throwing in the h260 crane cam in alot, and just wondering if this is something i should have put in with this setup and if its going to do any good. and if anybody has any other suggestions that'll will be eventually needed or the car would benefit from. i'm trying to pretty much get the bulk of things done at once.

You're putting a T25 on, yet you're going to run 15psi!?!? I sure hope not. With a T25 you don't want to run more more than 12psi. You also don't want 19lb. injectors since TGP's had 22lb. stock and those were barely big enough as it is.

Also, I don't know what this "alot" is that you're talking about for the H260 cam, but I did put it in my turbo car and it seems to be a good choice, however I have a completely different setup than you. I can't think of any other TGP owner that has an H260 cam though.

Shawn

i did wonder myself about the injectors because i knew stock was 22lb, so i should even consider larger than that? and as far as the cam goes i was really talking about cams in general, but crane did seem like the preffered choice and know of one other guy in another forum that used the h260.

this is what i was told, sounded legit to me, but feedbacks welcome as i'm just starting to grasp the whole turbo setup and just started learning and getting into the setup when i got my tgp in january. i was going to go with the latter obviously. thanks for any suggestions.

I can do the basic (stock rebuilt turbo, 8psi, no intercooler) install on the cav for about 2000.00. That includes injectors, manifolds, crossover, stock turbo, downpipe, installed and hooked up. A custom chip will be used. The next step would be a front mount intercooler, fuel pump, 15psi, 200-225whp. that will cost another 1000.00-1200.00.

Well, we're telling you right now, you're not going to be running a constant 15 psi on a T-25 with a 3.1. And for what you do want to do, I definetly wouldn't use even 22# injectors..

I bought a Crane H260 to put in for my engine rebuild, can't wait to put it to good use...

well, you would want to use tgp injectors. but more interesting is, why would you not just buy a TGP? :shock: for 2 grand you should be able to pick up a nice one. :lol: :P

i have one, but i like my z24 and its a smaller car and i'll get more power out of it, i also thought about switching what i could off the tgp, but without that, the tgp's pretty much worthless, eventually prob going to sell it.

where is that Turbo kid guy who builds tranny mounts for cavis? that project was pretty cool, but has not been around for a while. you should do a search and see, there are others that have done it.

just curious, how much does your car weigh in at?

Guest TurboSedan
I can do the basic (stock rebuilt turbo, 8psi, no intercooler) install on the cav for about 2000.00. That includes injectors, manifolds, crossover, stock turbo, downpipe, installed and hooked up. A custom chip will be used. The next step would be a front mount intercooler, fuel pump, 15psi, 200-225whp. that will cost another 1000.00-1200.00.

turbocharging my LH0 probably cost me a little less than $1000. 200-225whp should be no problem. i managed 227whp with a never-been-rebuilt ~230,000 mile LH0 shortblock on 10-12psi. i'd agree with the others here - don't run more than 12psi with a stock TGP T25 turbo. i haven't tried it myself but you'd probably just go slower trying to cram all that HOT air into the engine and you might just melt a piston in the process. as for injectors i would just start off with the TGP 22# injectors. that's what i am using and my engine went off scale RICH on the dyno as soon as it spooled up. bigger injectors will likely require chip tuning and/or adjustable FPR, etc.

So are you putting the TGP stuff on a GP, or a Z24 Cavy?

Word of warning, the upper transmission mount on the 88-94 Cavy's gets in the way of the turbo and crossover pipe.

You have to either:

A. make a new mount somehow

B. rework the crossover to get something to work.

Good luck!

EDIT:

After reading more, it looks like you're going for the Z24 with the TGP stuff.

You might want to check out Curtis' website:

http://www.turboz24.com

29_Fitting_the_Intake_Piping_3.jpg

As can be seen in this pic, the trans mount is right below the charge pipe, and next to the turbo on Curtis's setup. His website would be a good resource for your project.

The intake is off of a 3.4 Camaro and the valve covers are from a 2.8 Fiero I believe. The throttlebody is from an LT1 I think. That's a badass as setup, it's too bad he can't get a trans to hold it. :P

Yes, it's an L98 throttlebody.

Yeah, 310.2 wheel HP at 7 psi (dyno) and 430 wheel at 16 psi (estimated), wasn't all that bad. I still need to dial in the program more (to rich still, not enough timing still, as well as spark issues), but I really don't want to do squat to it since the driveline blows up at the track.

The motor is probably eventually destined for a MG GT with a Richmond 6 speed behind it.

It also doens't spool too badly, reaches 16-20 psi by 3000-3200 rpm, not bad for a T4 P trim .69 A/R turbine and a 60-1 compressor.

You better do a lot more research before you hurt your self or your car.

Not to be an ass but your dreaming. :roll: Read these forums for about 6 months an then you will have a grasp of what to do and use.

:)

Jud