How hard is it to......?

Bake82

ok, so I have a JVC HU in my car right now, but today it decided to fuck up and I went to future shop to see what they can do and they said they would pull the JVC under warranty but not put my delco radio back in, or I would have to pay 50 bucks for the deck install...my question is how hard is it to put the delco radio back in if they don't do it. I don't want to spend 50 bucks for something that I shouldn't have to, so will it take the guy like 10 min to put it in? or will they have to pull the dash apart?? Any help would be nice! thanks

If they didn't hack off your factory connectors, the factory radio should plug right in. Anyone could replace it in about 5-minutes. You have to pull the plastic bezel off from around the cluster which is held in by 7(?) phillips screws, but that's it.

Now if they hacked off your factory connectors, that's a different story.

I would kill them if they did.

alright thanks shawn, i think I'll just let the guys at future shop deal with it aslong as they don't charge me anything....but incase they decide to charge me, it doesn't sound like it'll be too much trouble to put it in myself!

Now if they hacked off your factory connectors, that's a different story.

Same here I even bought those special adapter things when I installed my Kenwood 6x9's I'd be pissed :twisted:

If they didn't hack off your factory connectors, the factory radio should plug right in....... Now if they hacked off your factory connectors, that's a different story.

Actually thinking about it now, if they hacked off the factory connectors, they can go screw themselves and fix it as they shouldn't have and I'm going back to where I got it installed, so yah hopefully they haven't..but if they did I'll be MAD!! :cuss: :guns: :P-----future shop technician

Guest Anonymous

The connectors in my TGP were cut off. :evil: I hate when idiots mess with anything on a car. When I go to get another HU put in I'm going to the junkyard and getting another harness with connectors.

Yeah, they were cut off in my TGP too, to install the nastiest, cheapest, crappiest, Pyramid tape player known to mankind.

I ripped that sucker out and got a connector from the JY and spliced it in, then plugged in a factory CD player.

what the hell is the sense in cutting that thing off? ive seen it like that before too and it pisses me off. a harness is only 10 bucks or less. it just makes life that much easier :x :? :roll:

For some types of cars/and HUs there aren't connecters made but it's not like it's real hard to make jumper wires so you don't have to cut up the harness. that is of course for those that want to do it. I always get or make the adapters. There's my 2 cents.

Laterz,

William Grimmer

P.S. If I was in the states I'd do it for ya for free. Sound shops trying to get over on people :evil:

no its not hard, its just time consuming and a complete pain in the ass. plus theres the fact by purchasing a harness you can sit and work on it in your place of choice......if u got the factory connector cutoff now u have to do all that wonderful stuff in the car. what a mess

factory CD player.

???? :shock:

What is your paypal address again? :lol:

Heheh, well, it's ugly. The buttons are cracked and some even have holes. I picked it up for $10, but it works. They said they normally sell them for $100, but this one was so ugly looking they cut me a deal.

It's the same as the one that came in the TGP, but it actually came out of a 91 GT. I have a TGP factory tape player too, but supposedly the tape player doesn't work on it. They let me have it for free.

Mine has been wired in. :( The only reason is when my car was in the body shop it was broken into and they took the xplod I had at the time and the little FAWKERS cut the harness from the connectors :verymad:

not hard, it just SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS. royal pita, no room to work with. i would solder longer wires to each then play with them, label them with tape after figuring out what wire goes to where then splice or do whatever. but if ur gunna solder the wires to begin with, then hell solder the other ends too