Factory keyless entry system

timdjohn

I bought a few used parts off eBay and for some reason the guy slipped in a brand new keyless entry module.

I had been thinking of adding this feature to my car anyhow as it did not come with it. So I would like to wire this into the car but my one question is do the doors locks automatically lock when the ignition is turned on and unlock when the car s shut off? I ask as the keyless system I was going to buy has this feature and I would really like this. I don’t want to take the time to wire in this new factory module if it does not do this.

Thanks for any info.

In the owners manual of our Grand Prix, it details how to go into 'programming mode'. You can turn on or off the auto locks, change the remote behavior... all kinds of stuff. You have the manual for your car?

-Jason

What kind of car are we talking here? First gens didn't have programable RKE, and the auto locks used a seperate module.

Sorry didnt say what car it was for. it is for a 92 Grand Prix. But after doing some research the module I have is for a 97 Grand Am. But I still could make it work. just not sure ifit is worth the effort.

What kind of car are we talking here? First gens didn't have programable RKE, and the auto locks used a seperate module.

IIRC the dinger module is what had the auto locks in the '93+ or whatever year they started the auto locking mechanism that I loathe so much.