FYI - BAD vibration after driving and parking in depe snow

1990lumina

If you recall my post about our little snow storm the other day...anyway, I've been plowing through tons of drifts and at school today I smashed down a huge drift and parked in the deep part.

When I got out of classes today I went and started it up, and immediately I knew something was wrong. There was a bad vibration that chaged with the enigne rpm...so immediately I thought back to everything I've hit...and figured I fucked something on the exhaust.

Anyway I drove it home, and wow was the car vibrating bad from this....I figured I torn a joined piece of pipe but I wasn't sure because I couldn't pull over to check.

So I got home fine, car is running normally, just loud and vibrating. I crawled under the car to insepct the exhaust when I saw what looked to be like a fairly major hanger directly behind the cat. converter...which was forzen solid to the undercarriage in pure ice. I took a broom handle and smashed the ice off (took a few good hits), and now my vibration is gone, and everything is back to normal :D

So just a FYI in case you may have run into the same wierd problem.....oh, and OT - all four of my brakes were forzen solid this morning....I found out when I got to the end of the crescent and couldn't stop :roll: .....a quick hammering of the brake pedal to the floor caused a nice "pop" and now the brakes are working again too lol

Sounds like that was a good time :lol:

Good to hear you got everything fixed, especially the brakes! Cause I know what you mean when you have no brakes! not too fun.

i was gonna say snow frozen to the inside of the wheel...but glad you got it fixed.

Haha, I had that today....but it's a normal occurrence. Apparnetly it is supposed to snow another half a foot tomororw so that will be fun I guess lol....you should see under my car though.....absolutely spotless from all the snow rubbing against it:D

your from saskatchewan not quebec it is deep not depe :lol:

i had a problem like that the other morning after we had an assload of smow over night dont know how the fluffy shit stuck to my wheels but it did and the ywere vibrating like a mofo on the way to work sun came ourt and it was gone on the way home... different vibration but annoying regardless, glad it wasnt anything major.