Courtesy issues...

Monkton

Okay, it's been like this for a while but I'm now just getting around to fix it. For some reason my car's courtesy lights stay on all the time. The only way I can get them to shut off is by pulling out my glove box and getting to the fuses and taking out the fuse for "ctsy". Otherwise they would stay on all the time. And this is an issue because I don't like going into my glovebox to put the fuse in and out everytime I want to charge my cellphone or something. Any suggestions?

I have a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

Oh, sidenote, I took out the light on the ceiling, so since there is no light does it still drain the battery? I mean I really don't care about the lights so if I took all the bulbs would it still drain the battery if I left it sitting in the parking lot at school all day?

Check the switch in the door jam (the door presses on it when closed). Spray some WD-40 on it and press it in and out, it might just be dirty.

Check all of the swtiches on the pillars that are supposed to turn off the lights when the doors are closed. If those check out, than the problem is most likely in the Headlight switch. The same thing happened to my regal this past fall. Just disconnect the switch, and if the lights turn off, than thats the problem