stock 3.1 n/a injectors

one_fast_prix

just curious as to what the stock 3.1 n/a injector size was, i'm getting a turbo put in my n/a and upgraded 19lb injectors, i'm hearing everything from 13lb-16lb were stock n/a. i know my tgp has 22lb/hr. so i'm also wandering why i'm getting 19lb on my z24 with a gp turbo

Actually I think they were 16 lb/hr injectors. I know our STOCK '88 Beretta GT 3.1/5spd is pushing at like 83% duty cycle on top end, so they can't be to big.

The 3x00 may be 19lb/hr I'm not sure.

Maybe it is 19 lb/hr, I forget, either way, I really don't think 19 lb/hr injectors are going to work very well on a boosted engine. You are much better off getting 3800 SC or regular 3800 Injectors or TGP/LQ1 injectors. Older Corvette injectors should also work too, well, any will pretty much if you can tune for it

what size are out of the 3800s, i'm going to the junyard probably tomorrow or saturday and i'm very famaliar with the gm section by now and there are def no 3800 super charged engines out there, there was one sunbird 2.0 turbo engine, that was it with boosted engines, but i don't think those injectors will help me anyways. so plenty of reg 3800 injectors if that will help me or any other ideas on engines that will work for large enough injectors for my project

Actually the split on the injectors were 91-93, 94-97. Pretty much all GM run the same resistance (the fords do the same but slightly different). The big change is the ones in the Hondas and other imports from Japan and Europe.

In 1994 the injectors evidently jumped to 23lbs/hr from 21lbs/hr.

I think this was partially do to the fact that the plenum helped breath a bit better, the 21lbs tend to have to stay on longer (dwell) and they knew the SFI version was around the corner.

http://60degreev6.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=6505&highlight=injector+rates

what size are out of the 3800s, i'm going to the junyard probably tomorrow or saturday and i'm very famaliar with the gm section by now and there are def no 3800 super charged engines out there, there was one sunbird 2.0 turbo engine, that was it with boosted engines, but i don't think those injectors will help me anyways. so plenty of reg 3800 injectors if that will help me or any other ideas on engines that will work for large enough injectors for my project

What 3800 are you referring to? supercharged 3800 Series II engines(L67's) use 36lb injectors. Here's a list of of different 3800 injector flow rates I found...

"3800 vin C injectors -- 19.0 lb/hr

3800 vin L injectors -- 21.2 lb/hr

3800 SC vin 1 injectors -- 29.0 lb/hr

3800 Series 2 (non SC) Rochester 17103146 injectors -- 21.2 lb/hr

3800 Series 2 (non SC) Bosch 0280150973 injectors -- 21.2 lb/hr"