Need pics of VFD/LCD DICs

AWeb80

I need pics of them lit up.

I'm kinda confused on these....did the LCD's only come in 88-90 and the VFD's come in 91-93?....And which DIC's did the STE's have?

and which ones have the big square buttons and which ones have the rectangular buttons?

I'm pretty sure mine is a LCD from 88-90...is this correct?

6.jpg

2.jpg

What kind of DIC is this and what year? (Thanks Kyle)

mynewz343.jpg

I am able to get my hands on a 91-93 STE DIC for a good price and I am trying to decide If I want the DIC I have pics of above or the STE DIC in my car....

'88-'90 - Big button, color LCD display

'91-'93 - small button, dotted VFD display (STE DIC as well)

I don't think the '90 DIC was ever in an STE.

Thanks dude....i'll stay with the LCD....its colorfull

The VFD ones are kind of colorful too if you enable the DIC part of it (grounding the right wire). Then a whole bunch of orange icons will show up. None of them will function without the hidden DIC module though, but if you had the hidden DIC module, it would do cool stuff like indicate whether a bulb is burned out or if a door is open.

90+ STE's got the VFD one, not sure if it was standard, but I'm thinking all STE's with DIC got the hidden module for extra features. 91-93 2drs never came with the hidden module, I don't think.

90+ STE's got the VFD one, not sure if it was standard, but I'm thinking all STE's with DIC got the hidden module for extra features

correct, the DIC in my STE does way more things then the LCD one I had would...

The VFD ones are kind of colorful too if you enable the DIC part of it (grounding the right wire). Then a whole bunch of orange icons will show up. None of them will function without the hidden DIC module though, but if you had the hidden DIC module, it would do cool stuff like indicate whether a bulb is burned out or if a door is open.

90+ STE's got the VFD one, not sure if it was standard, but I'm thinking all STE's with DIC got the hidden module for extra features. 91-93 2drs never came with the hidden module, I don't think.

Interesting. Where is this hidden module? Or is it called hidden because no one knows?

It's above the glovebox and has a big heatsink on it, it looks like a little amp.

I nabbed one awhile back, never did anything with it though, and I didn't get a pigtail with it either, DOH!

What other features did they have? Like outside temp, fuel used?

I'm not totally sure, I haven't driven the STE enough to completely know. I know there are door indicators, ABS system monitoring, and I am sure a few more...

don't mean to hijack this topic, but did the DIC only come in a grad prix? i would like to put one in my cutlass, if possible.. if so what would i have to do?

This is that module from a '90 STE.

000_0402.jpg

STE DIC extra functions include trunk, hood and door open, windshield washer reserve level, light out, and abs.

Haven't gotten the ambition to run that many wires for such piddly functions. I'd sooner just hook up that wire so all the indicators light up and add some colour.

No compass on the cutty DIS, so sad. :?

94-96 (97+ too?) GP DIC/DIS whatever you want to call them... have no compass as well. The ONLY thing I don't like about it! :thumbsdown:

Has anyone figured a way to end the ENDLESS beeping of the STE DIC when the washer fluid's empty? happened to me once and I just didn't have the time to stop and buy washer fluid...

If I kept hitting the systems check button it would stop beeping until it had gone through the check, but other than that...

Has anyone figured a way to end the ENDLESS beeping of the STE DIC when the washer fluid's empty? happened to me once and I just didn't have the time to stop and buy washer fluid...

If I kept hitting the systems check button it would stop beeping until it had gone through the check, but other than that...

I am not sure if there is a way to stop the beeping....I know that Josh simply unhooked his because kept beeping with an ABS alert...

Can ya hook up the Cutty DIS to a GP?....i looked at the wiring diagrams and it looks like it might work.....I could just splice it into my DIC pigtail....

Some of the features might not work like: Coolant temp, RPM (unless i find the wire on my cluster)....and maybe a few others.....

I like the DIS, it has sweet features.

Coolant temp and tach will work fine, if you run a wire to the ALDL. Doesn't the GP DIC need one anyway?

the 94-96 DICs don't have tach or coolant temps.....we have ambient temps sensors though

How would i wire the DIS to the ALDL in my 94?