UB3 Swap into a 94 Cutlass, Few things to clarify

99vetteman

I have searched and read many posts about the UB3 swap. So I just want to claify a few things. Right now I have the full analouge cluster with tach and a 3.4 in my 94 convertitble. I will be following the pin out swap as per the directions on this page.

#1 Do I need to cut off ridges on the pigtail to make it plug into the Ub3 cluster?

#2 Will the oil pressure read full or just stay put where it always is.

#3 Will the dimming feature semi work? Can I use the Dimming slider if I have the lights turned "ON"

Thanks alot guys!

Jason

1) I dont think you do.

2) Oil pressure will always read full until you get a pressure sender in there instead of the switch.

3) All the dimming features will work fine. You need to run a "park lights on" wire from the headlight switch to the cluster though.

1) I dont think you do.

2) Oil pressure will always read full until you get a pressure sender in there instead of the switch.

3) All the dimming features will work fine. You need to run a "park lights on" wire from the headlight switch to the cluster though.

What year pressure sender do I need to order for the 3.4 DOHC?

'91-92s had sensors.

Thanks alot bud, I will order a 91 oil pressure sensor then and just replace it with the one thats there already I guess

1) I dont think you do.

The wire from the "park lights on"....what pinout does it need to plug into on the cluster?

Jason

I'm not even sure; I dont have the pinouts. I know it's a yellow wire, and you tap the grey/black wire from the headlight switch. StockGP probobly could tell ya.

Yeah there was. Forgot about that.

Lovely, so the tach wont work either? I have the full analouge cluster right now with tach, your saying it wont work?

Jason

theres one wire you have to splice, super easy. I had already spliced it for my DIS, so n biggie. All it is is the orange tach wire from the ALDL.

So just find that wire, open it up so to speak, splice in a wire and run the wire to the cluster? C13 is it I think?

Or I think I read somewhere, just run a wire from the ALDL (stuff it into where the orange wire is, and plug it into C13 on the wiring harness?

i thought, since he already has a cluster WITH a tach, that it was just a matter of changing the pin location.. Am I wrong?

i thought, since he already has a cluster WITH a tach, that it was just a matter of changing the pin location.. Am I wrong?

I think because i have the analogue cluster, that leftover white wire becomes useless and I need to run a wire from the ALDL (Orange) into C13.

(I must say, the search feature actually works pretty well on this board)!

When I did my swap I found all of the above to be true, there is another issue with the trip readout. Trip Odometer will reset to zero everytime you turn off your car. If someone knows a fix for that please let me know.

When I did my swap I found all of the above to be true, there is another issue with the trip readout. Trip Odometer will reset to zero everytime you turn off your car. If someone knows a fix for that please let me know.

I had that problem, but Im pretty sure I fixed it. I'll check once i get the car back. I seem to remember i just had the wire to the remote on instead of the constant.

I had that problem, but Im pretty sure I fixed it. I'll check once i get the car back. I seem to remember i just had the wire to the remote on instead of the constant.

I am not worried about the trip resetting itself, not a big deal there at all....

You just need to add a 12V constant wire. There is a pin for it on the UB3.

You just need to add a 12V constant wire. There is a pin for it on the UB3.

Right, I just meant that the first time i powered it up I had a wrong pin and had to figure out which one it was