I'm officially sick of my headlights....

92LuminaRS

Why? Becuase they suck. Period.

They aren't glazed over, they have new bulbs in them and they are adjusted properly. They jsut don't put out enough light especially compared to newer cars. ANd I'll never have the money to upgrade to HID.

I thought long and hard, and one automobile that has absolutely awesome headlights are the new silverado pickup trucks. I'm thinking about getting creative and modding a pair into my car in place of the stock headlight housings... Or mabye even (since that might look retarded) modding the housings into the factory Lumina housings so they look stock.

:werd: to that. I wish there were a way to modify our stock headlights to be clear like most new cars, or at least replace with aftermarket ones.

Ive bee thinking about doing that. I can get I think its 55w cyber white driving lights for like 15 bucks that would bolt up in my fog light location.

But I duno I mean I dont feel like splicing wires and only to have a mininal increase in light....

You could always pick up another set of headlight housings and mount some bright as fog lights in there. Just make sure they are adjustable.

Not that I recommend that though...

You people and your headlight problems. Do they not have street lights where you people live? Or maybe you just all need better glasses.. :shock:

I think my headlights are fine, especially when I'm back home where there are no streetlights.

I only notice that I cannot tell my headlights are on when I'm driving around up here at night. Too many streetlights to even tell if mine are on or not.

yea i have the same problem at night... goddam lights are not bright for shit... they are adjusted good and all. i think that we need a higher flowing current for our lights. i could make you some HID lights out of the stock. it's not that hard... but the fact of getting parts is pricey.

i still like mine...the sylvania cool blues are bright as hell for me

and they still aren't as bright as the siverstars.....the cool blues are inbetween the silverstars and stock lights.

I dunno, mine are perfect.....the SilverStars definately made things brighter as well....I'd be interested to see the truck housings modified to fit into the Lumina head light area and look right.

Try driving a car with miniquads for awhile. That might change your perspective!

You could always see if you can get the Euro spec headlights! If they don't have them for Luminas, I think you can probably fit the Grand Prix ones without too much trouble. They're 80's ugly IMO, but should work a whole lot better.

I've never driven a car with miniquads, but I've driven my girlfriends subaru a bunch of times, and my fog lights are brighter nad go further than her high beams

My 88 GP had better lights than my 95 does (mini-quads are HORRIBLE!!!). And yes, I upgraded them (well I got a Silverstar in one and a Cool-blue in the other.. still better than stock).

I would think a Lumina with cool-blue or Silverstars should put out adequate light. :shrug:

miniquads just suck period. I still need to upgrade mine, not looking forward to all that work just for a little more light. But they are by far the worst lights out of any car Ive ever been in driving at night.

compared to my '70 Duster, the miniquads rock...actually when in HIGH BEAM the mini quads seem very good to me. i really don't believe that they are bad. I did have a 95 blazer before and the headlights on that totally sucked too. Our 97 GP doesn't seem much better...