Moving HVAC controls

92LuminaRS

Is it possible to move the HVAC controls in my lumina to some other location w/o a massive amout of modification? I'm thinking it would be a good place to stick in a touchscreen TFT for my navigation instead of he sunvisor monitors

I am not sure if will be just moving wires....I don't remember what back of a lumina HVAC controls looks like, but I have relocated an HVAC before and there were certainly vacuum lines that needed to be taken into consideration besides the electrical wiring

I don't think there are vac. lines on the back of the lumina HVAC controls. I have an extra control box down in the basement, and I haven't seen any spot for vac. lines.

I don't think there are vac. lines on the back of the lumina HVAC controls.

that would make things a ton easier....like I said, I can't remember the last time I have seen the back of a lumina control box...

cubby?

2.jpg

This summer I'm integrating my Sirius receiver into that hol.....when I remove the felt insert the receiver fits very tightly into the opening....however I need to add some plastic to the curved part at the top...

either way, this is the cubby John was talking about if you seriously don't know

Ahhhhhh I see. Yeah my car has the bench seats, so I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. When I do get a center console that would be an excellent place to put it!

Ahhhhhh I see. Yeah my car has the bench seats, so I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. When I do get a center console that would be an excellent place to put it!

indeed, this guy did the same thing to his regal so he could put a touch screen where the stocker was.

typically the electricial wires to the HVAC have enough slack in them to move the HVAC up or down from where it is stock. Not sure about the vac lines though.

indeed, this guy did the same thing to his regal so he could put a touch screen where the stocker was.

Does this guy have pictures of the install? :D

No w-bodies have vacumm lines running to the back of the controls. It's wiring only. All vacumm lines go to the blower box.

IMG_8644%20(Medium).jpg