My recent project...

92LuminaRS

So I've decided that the insode of my '92 is a fucking electrical nightmare with all the accessories and shit I've half-assed winter rigged in there. It's getting nicer out so It's time to clean that shit up! Here's what I've been working on, an array of switches for an array of uses! :D

Now 4 teh PiXxOrZzz!

The box:

untitled53qo.th.jpg

Top of the box:

untitled43az.th.jpg

Bottom:

untitled39im.th.jpg

Back (with all the connections):

untitled25nv.th.jpg

The wiring nightmare of the inside:

untitled15gu.th.jpg

The dash trim:

hpim07606or.th.jpg

The dash trim one is almost completed. That pic was one of the many things I was playing around with, That circuit board that you see taped onto the vent is a photoelectric switch. It was taped on there for testing purposes and has since been moved. I will post more pics of the progress as soon as I replace my digital camera.

Why does he have to replace his digital camera? you think to yourself...

10115813ri.th.jpg10115764vy.th.jpg

^^That's why :cry:

As for what the switches control....

untitled53qo.jpg

The OFF position is in the middle. These are the functions:

1) Rear flood lights (UP) On [green LED] (DOWN) Wig-Wag [LED's Alernate]

2) Driving lights (UP) On w/ Low Beam [Green LED On only when low-beam is on] (DOWN) +12v On [Red LED]

3) Driving lights (UP) On w/ Hi Beam [Green LED On only when low-beam is on] (DOWN) +12v On [Red LED]

4) Cornermarker Fog Lights (UP) On w/ parking lights [Green LED] (Down) Wig-Wag [Flasjing Red LED]

5) 110VAC Power Inverter* (UP) On [Top Yellow LED] (Down) On [bottom Yellow LED]

As for the dash switches. Each has a LED that is constant power when on in either On position. Off yet again, is in the middle.

1) Exterior lights LED Lights (UP) On w/ photoswitch (DOWN) ON [Red LED]

2) Interior LED (UP) On w/ photoswitch (DOWN) ON [Green LED]

3) Headlight Strobes (UP) On w/ photoswitch (DOWN) ON [White LED]

4) TFT Video Selector* (UP) A/V Line 2 (DOWN/OFF) A/V Line 1 [Yellow LED]

*This is so I can use my laptop in the car as my mobile navigation unit :D

everythign has be soldered together for reliable connections. It took rediculous amouts of time do so. I had to write out the wiring diagram first, than make a prototype and then get to the final finished product. The electrical tape that you see is there only for an insulator for the resistors soldered on to the LED's. I couldn't find my heat shrink tubing and all the hardware stores were closed when I was doing the project so i used electrical tape to finish it. It's currently installed in the car and looks pretty good, i jsut need to actually get pictures of it in there

Yeah, I just wanted it as plain and simple as possible. I have it mounted where my ash tray use to be. Considering I don't smoke it's not problem for me not to have it :)

I'm thinking about painting it to match the interior, but being black it's not too noticable so I might just leave it like it is.

The one all the ways to the left. The flux capacitor is actually mounted in the spare tire well so if the guys with machine guns come to kill me for stealing all their money to make a time machine I can just tell them it's my daily driver :lol:

Here's some install pics... Bare with the quality, my camera has a non-functional LCD :lol:

This is with the photoelectric switch rewierd. You can see the relay and the photoelectric sensor all the way to the right. On the front view you can barely notice the photoelectric sensor installed. When actually in the car, you don't even notice it.

hpim10781kk.th.jpghpim10791zu.th.jpg

The box installed

hpim10836tk.th.jpg

Random shots

hpim10886lv.th.jpghpim10894yb.th.jpg

hpim10869lk.th.jpghpim10877az.th.jpg

I'll get some better shots when I get my new camera and I clean the car up a bit and finish wiring everything up :)