GP DIC in olds part 2

ihateallmustangs

Ok i got replys saying it wouldent fit in the radio area of the olds.. Total crock. I took the gp dic apart and the internals can all be moved around to make a custom look. The plugs can all be extended , the caseing can be changed.

I still want his DIC...

That being said, when are you going to put up some pictures? I'm interested in how someone would put a GP DIC into a different car. Also, pics of the DIC internals?

I'm interested in how someone would put a GP DIC into a different car.

if you search I know that I have posted pics of my '97 cutty....and FWIW: I posted a f/s thread where I am selling a few different DICs and a DIS...

Picture065.jpg

notice how everyhting unplugs even the screen seperates. This makes it easy to make a custom face and scramble the buttons cross ways to fit in a narrower space.

Picture066.jpg

I have the componentry 95% done.. Needs basically a recoat of paint, and a car to put it in.. I wrecked the Lumi it was to go into.. Now that I intend to go OBD2, I have no use for the GP DIC in there.. SO that OHC minus the UB3 controls I don't even need anymore..

It was supposed to be my spin on taking all the options and putting them into a Lumina, without cut and paste..

Why a tape deck? And BTW, you need to throw some pics up of that car.. (EVen if you want to take it to PM/AIM/MSN/Yahoo.. :wink: )

ANd I intend on adding the UB3 to the car.. I will stay OBD1 if I cant get at least that to work.. I have quite a few ideas.. top secret of course.. no one knows except me.. As Peter Griffin said in an episode:

Diane: Where does it say that?

Peter: In my noodle..

lol..