Having traction issues.

chadz34

The ground is only slightly wet. Yet, when I punch it after it hits 4 grand it just spins everytime. The tires just break loose. I have Goodyear Eagle RA's 225/60R16's on it too. Just thought maybe it should have more grip although I got some suprised faces at lights. :lol:

don't drive like a idiot on wet roads??? thats the only way i can make my car do that is if i mash it on wet roads, but it will do it every time. just drive sane and i'm sure you'll be fine.

LOLLLL I LUV 2 LYK MASH DA GAS AT DA STOPLITEZ, BUT I GOTZ A KWESTUN!11 K?!1 K. Y DUZ MAH CAR SPIIN DA WEELS WEN I DO DAT?/1 I MEEN WTF!11 LAWL HAU KAN I PREVUNT DIZ FRUM HAPUNININ AGUN1?!!1//

LOLLLL I LUV 2 LYK MASH DA GAS AT DA STOPLITEZ, BUT I GOTZ A KWESTUN!11 K?!1 K. Y DUZ MAH CAR SPIIN DA WEELS WEN I DO DAT?/1 I MEEN WTF!11 LAWL HAU KAN I PREVUNT DIZ FRUM HAPUNININ AGUN1?!!1//
:lol:

No way your tires spin on wet pavement!?!??!!

With Bald tires? :?:

I have new (~2k miles on them now) Bridgestone Potenza G009's. It just doesn't take much to spin tires in the rain. Basically, if my car is in 1st or 2nd gear on wet pavement and I go WOT the tires aren't gonna grip. Of course my car has slightly more power than his, but still.

The reason his tires spin is because the ground is wet, end of story.

wooot...i can spin my tires when its wet too...thats the ONLY time... :lol:
LOL

Yeah, my 100 HP, 115 TQ Saturn would spin the tires in the rain too.. Actually it did it quite easily. The point is, I think almost anyone on this forum can spin their tires on wet ground. Not a big accomplishment.. 60MPH and spinning is a diffrent story. lol

When the ground is only slightly wet, it's actually slipperier than when it's pouring outside. Mostly b/c the oils and other shit on the roads come up when it's "damp" like that. Believe me, ride a motorcycle after a light rain, IT SUCKS.

Point being, if you see the roads are like that, use your gas pedal wisely!

yeah my winter tires I have on now, Im lucky if they keep me on the road in the rain!

But I mean seriously... my 3100 could spin em at 100mph I mean look at all the tq I got!!! :lol:

wooot...i can spin my tires when its wet too...thats the ONLY time... :lol:
LOL

Yeah, my 100 HP, 115 TQ Saturn would spin the tires in the rain too.. Actually it did it quite easily. The point is, I think almost anyone on this forum can spin their tires on wet ground. Not a big accomplishment.. 60MPH and spinning is a diffrent story. lol

I doesn't take much to spin the tires at 60. My Trans am will go sideways in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear if the pavement is wet, and with 3.42 gears the top of 3rd gear will put you at well over 100mph. But I've never had the balls to get on it at the top of 3rd in the rain (because it would be extremely stupid to do so), only at around 70 or so. I was merging onto the freeway one day in the rain and was at ~1/2 throttle, but there was a semi in the way so I dropped it down into 3rd and got on it (should've dropped into 2nd to be in the powerband but it was raining so I only went to 3rd), and when I got on it (was going ~60mph at this time) the car got REALLY sideways. Scared the shit out of me and took all I had to get it back straight.

However, I don't see why its so hard to spin the tires at 60 in the rain? In a car with what I would guess is probably ~400ft.lbs. of torque I don't see why this is hard to believe or even suprising. Hell, my dads GTP spins the tires on DRY pavement at 50.

Shawn

Ever noticed in some movies when they are gonna do some stunting involving piece of shit cars like what I drive, the streets are always wet, or it's raining like a bitch....that is why....My Lumina can spin the tires in rain/wet roads as can any car, even a Ford Festiva.....just take her easy on the wet roads and you'll be fine

I know my old geo couldn't spin em on wet pavement! :lol:

True, but there is such a thing as a little overboard. My car will not grip if the ground has so much as overspray. My car is pretty much useless unless the ground is completely dry and hot as fuck.

you cannot tell me that a stock LQ1 of any year with any transmission has a hard time maintaining traction on wet pavement with any kind of decent tread on the tires (and since you claim the car just passed safety, i'm inclined to believe it has good tires.). my car will sure as hell break the tires loose at the higher RPMs on wet roads, ONLY if i'm getting on it. if your doing regular driving there is absoutely no reason for this to be hapening. lay off the gas.

you cannot tell me that a stock LQ1 of any year with any transmission has a hard time maintaining traction on wet pavement with any kind of decent tread on the tires (and since you claim the car just passed safety, i'm inclined to believe it has good tires.). my car will sure as hell break the tires loose at the higher RPMs on wet roads, ONLY if i'm getting on it. if your doing regular driving there is absoutely no reason for this to be hapening. lay off the gas.

THE GROUND ISN'T SOAKED, WHEN I GET ON IT, IT SPINS. THE GROUND IS ALMOST DRY. I HAVE DECENT TREAD. Holy shit... once it hits 4 grand, it just spins, meanwhile the ground is nearly dry, tires are good. So, that's why the fuck I am posting this. :?

I'm not sure what you want us to tell you??? Don't take it past 4k off the line :S

Get better tires if you want to try to help the problem. If you want me to tell you your LQ1 has amazing power....then I'll tell you. "Your LQ1 has amazing power and should only be driven when the roads and driving surface are hot and dry.

i agree with jeff, i don't know what you want us to do. i dono mabie send your PCM out to dhp or something and have the rev limiter moved to 4000 so it can't break the tires loose. i mean i have the same shit under my hood and i got by on bald as hell tires for months, and trust me i do a ton of driving.

OR just don't get on it when the roads are wet