Should I Stay or Should I go?

Guest cutlass88er

Guest cutlass88er

So I love my 88 Cutty SL 186k pkg 1cs with all the goodies, btu recently it has been very warm in Wisconsin (70°F is very warm for a March) and my tranny is starting to act up again. You know jerking between 2-3 and while upshifting or downshifting during highway hard acceleration, and not poping into first gear after it gets hot and I have driven over 45 (the overdrive gear on a 440T4). Now I'm wondering if I should pony up and shell out money for a tranny overhaul(or repair or replace depending on the prob) or if I should use that money and get a replacement car. My Finacial situation isn't very good. So if I get a "new" car it would be no later than a 91 and prob be on it's 3-4th owner and I have no clue about how the engine really is. My cutty except for the AC, and lot of body damage (which really doesn't bother me, I love my car the way it is, it's just special :D ) works just great the 2.8l is original and in great shape and all the instruments (well the cassette doesn't work, but I have a FM transciever on my iPod so no worries). I neeed to replace the brakes and he suspension needs work, but that's all pretty much on schedule. So, do you guys think it would be worth while for me to fix my cutty and get another year or two out of it or try and get another car.

I don't really plan on getting a newer (my term for a post 94 car, with all the options, my next sweet ride) until next year.

What should I do???

Try throwing in some Lucas trans additive in there? Im at about the same mileage as you, and I already did the suspension work among other things. Original engine and trans. My trans is sensitive to heat also, so I installed a heavy duty external cooler and change the fluid every 20k, been doing this for about 2 years and the trans is acting much better. Plus take into account that any other car in your price range can and will have problems that will cost more than you might expect.

Try getting a cheap used tranny and have a tech school do it for nothing. That's what I did with my 92 GP, only cost was trans. fluid.

Darling you gotta let me know

Should I stay or should I go?

If you say that you are mine

I'll be here 'til the end of time

So you got to let know

Always tease tease tease

Siempre - coqetiando y enganyando

You're happy when I'm on my knees

Me arrodilla y estas feliz

One day is fine, next is black

Un dias bien el otro negro

So if you want me off your back

Al rededar en tu espalda

Well come on and let me know

Me tienes que desir

Should I Stay or should I go?

Me debo ir o que darme

Should I stay or should I go now?

If I go there will be trouble

An' if I stay it will be double

So come on and let me know

This indecision's bugging me

Esta undecision me molesta

If you don't want me, set me free

Si no me quieres, librame

Exactly who'm I'm supposed to be

Diga me que tengo ser

Don't you know which clothes even fit me?

?Saves que robas me querda?

Come on and let me know

Me tienes que desir

Should I cool it or should I blow?

?Me debo ir o quedarme?

?Yo me frio o lo sophlo?

If I go there will be trouble

Si me voi - va ver peligro

And if I stay it will be double

Si me quedo es doble

So you gotta let me know

Me tienes que decir

?Yo me frio o lo sophlo?

Couldn't resist.

It's been around for a while, I got it at pep boys, autozone didn't carry it by me. It's a pretty big bottle, like $8.50 but you get what you pay for.

Ya atleast try doing this first I know from personal experiance that even a shitty cheap additive can work miracle's. Of course that was with a beat up old 82 bonne that leaked like crazy. So I wasn't gonna pay $8.50 every couple days and just used cheap stuff. I have heard alot of good things about the lucas stuff and if my cutty started having tranny problems I would put some Lucas in it.