Air leaks

19Cutlass94

Just how bad can air leaks be? The box I have did have a small air leak. Almost sounded like a sub in IB, but with plently of wood glue, that got fixed today. Other than making the subs sound like shit and making noise, how bad can they be? (and yes I know obviously not good)

Is that the ED box? Air leaks can be tricky. They wont affect the mechanics of the driver that much but it will affect the over all sound quality and potential output the box can produce.

yeah its the eD box. When I got it, they didnt put in 3 screws on the bottom of box (in front where the subs would mount) and whenever I would play this one song, the one sub sounded like it was in IB so Im like hmmm.... But the whole bottom was loose and wasnt glues or screwed at all. I put the screws in when I got the box, but today I took the subs out and laid down a real thick bead of wood glue along that inside edge where they meet (lol I hope you know what Im talking about) and I looked through the entire box to see if I could find anyother place, but that was it. So Im hoping when I put it back in tomorrow, everything will be find

(not looking forward to doing it in 0 degree weather with wind chill)