Power MoonRoof/SunRoof-Anyone Has it?

95oldsVan

I have the power sun roof in my 91 Lumina and I do enjoy using it from time to time.Its been very reiliable and never given me any problems.This unit does look factory finished,but if the Lumina's did not come with one as an option,then it may be aftermarket.Does anyone know?Mine has the headliner board under it so it slides back with the glass.

Im just glad its never let me down or hasnt broken in the tracks all these years,or leaked water.(knock on wood)

Its been more reliable than my targa glass top on m6 86 Vette which would leak every time it rained,even if with new weatherstripping!

:lol:

I think one easy way is 1) All factory roofs are power roofs...and 2) the factory roof steel has no trim, it's a rolled lip and the factory glass and rubber seal against it. 3) Look for CF5 RPO code in your trunk.

Hope that helps.

If it left the factory that way, it should look like this when it's open:

mroof3.jpg

Also open your door and look for a little rubber tube hanging out near the door hinge. That would be the drain tube for the "stamped" roof style moonroof...

I feel like an ASSSSSSSS!!! I did some more checking on my sunroof and realized that its not factory! I didnt notice the outer molding for the roof around the car to glass area, because my car is Black and I just never paid attention to it.

It must be aftermarket,and now it makes sense.Either way,its been a helluva roof and never gave me problems.Sorry for any confusion earlier!

:)

Sorta off topic: who made the W-body sunroofs...wasn't it ASC? And wasn't ASC part of McClaren at the time?

Jeff M posted this before concerning the TGP sunroofs.

"But like the TGP, ASC only does part of the work, the Aero was the only thing they did to our TGP, the drivetrain work was subcontracted out as you know to McLaren, and the Sunroof was made by Inalfa out of Holland and installed by GM/the factory."

I'm sure the 94 lumina I saw infact had a factory power moonroof, only one I've seen though. There was a stamped opening (no trim/seal) and the headliner was shaped to allow room for moonroof, so it had to be. Wish I had gotten the parts for my lumi as I love the one I have in my SHO.

Pics of this said installed sunroof?

I've always wanted one for my Lumina, but I have never been able to find a nice powered one.

I don't have pics, but it was a dealer installed option.

Also open your door and look for a little rubber tube hanging out near the door hinge. That would be the drain tube for the "stamped" roof style moonroof...

My regal has an ASC moonroof on it. It has the drain tubes by the hinges in the doors, as well as two of them that go through my trunk. I have the sliding pannel in my headliner too. Im starting to wonder if mine was equipped with a factory one, but was replaced by an ASC :?