ok... more info

Snakesk8s

ok... I'm used to the Chevy V8's.... So I need help.... the 3800s2 came out of what car? and the S1 wiring/comput, etc?

I do understand why the 3800 is better then the 3.4 DOHC....

I have a friend who will be doing the main work... so any info I can give him would be awesome!!!

And whats a L67??? and I've seen the headers already... I want those... and what's 'pwn me' ?? Sorry I know I'm a dunb a*s!

And which pulleys?

"Just swap an L67 in... pulley swaps & Thrasher's headers for the 3.8 pwn me."

Sorry...

Smaller pulleys on the blower.

Thrasher performance sells headers for the L67.

the 3.4 has a timing belt as long as John Holmes'...well you know what. It's an attention whore of an engine.

the series 2 3.8 S/C was in the 97+ GTP Grand Prix's and 97+ Regal GS's(IIRC), not sure 'bout the Buick models

Do I even want to know who John Holmes is?

L67 = RPO code for the 3800 Series II SC found in the cars Mike mentioned, plus it's also found in 97+ Buick Riviera, Pontiac Bonneville, Park Avenue Ultra, and probably several others.

L36 = non supercharged version, which is pretty quick in its own right.

I don't think the headers will clear the firewall on a first-gen W-body (which is what your 89 is). Everything else should probably work, however.

So I can just look for a L67 engine?? I guess I need the 3800 Series 1 wiring,computer and sensors to make it run in my 1st gen. W-body... Am I right???

ok... if I can do this will my trans work ok w/ it?? I was trying not to change it right now...

I'm a very cheap gearhead (not by choice)... and I can prob do the engine but I'm not sure whether I can do basiclly all of it... (engine,tranny,drivesaft)

Thanks for all the help!!!

I would love to put the L67 into my granny regal...

Most people that have done the L67 swap installed ALL of it, engine, tranny, axles, wiring, the works.

However, I THINK you can make it work with the 3800 Series I wiring out of a W-body, and the MEMCAL (computer chip) out of an early Bonneville with 3800 Series I supercharged engine. I think this would be the only way to make it work with your existing tranny.

and what's 'pwn me' ??

"pwn", or it's derrivitave, pwned, and the like came from a friend of mine on Si vs. All on Club Si. He was drunk, and meant to type "owned" as in "That top fueler totally own3d me", but he typed "pwn3d". Habit I guess, because we all picked it up...I just do it now without even thinking about it.