rear speakers

redz34monte

try popping off the speaker covers in the rear deck. you should be able to get to the bolts through there.

if not, alldata says to remove the rear pillar cover and the rear deck cover. you don't want to do that, because it's a btich to get the pillar covers on and off

you could remove the rear window.....

but yeah, you gotta pull the seats.

You may be able to remove the deck cover without removing the C-pilar covers, if you try hard enough, but don't break it!

hmm. i guess so. i never really looked at my mom's lumina's rear deck.

2 or 4 door? alldata says something about rear door speakers, but then the diagram it shows is for the rear deck :roll: .

if the speakers are in the rear deck you'll have to take out the rear deck cover, and that may require removeing the rear seat. on the plus side, removeing the rear seat is really easy

monte carlo so 2 door

and ive tried to remove the carpet and it just wasnt working with me.

so i was just checking if anybody knew an easy way to change out the rear speakers.

Unless the newer Montes are different, which I dont think they are, pulling the seats isn't very hard at all. :? Two bolts on the bottom cushion, pull it out...then four bolts for the seatback and it's free.

i was thinking about cutting the carpet away and using the cover from the speakers to hold it down and just have the speakers showing. not hidden by the carpet. any suggestions / warnings?