TurboXS

perfecseal

Well I would like to know if enyone has used any TurboXS products.. Theres a shop that just opend in my area that carrys alot of ther stuff.. The people running the place seem like Dumbasses thow and couldent tell me anything about the company and or ther reliability..I know you get what you pay for..

I've heard of people saying that they leak, but don't actually know anyone who has really experienced it first hand. If that makes sense.

I think I'm gonna get one for my TSTE some time soon, they are probably one of the cheapest BOVs available, so you can't really complain. Really the only option you have cheaper than a Turbo XS is a DSM valve, and they aren't that great, and not adjustable, also they pull in fresh air at idle, that's why I didn't want a DSM.

I say if their price on an Turbo XS RFL valve is less than $160 go for it, if not buy one online.

mine is starting to work better. I sprayed it with tri-flow and the spring is not quite as stiff any more so it is blowing off now. it does not like to work unless I have a LOT of boost and let off the throttle sharply. I got the type s . It is quiet but I saw a cop the other day under boost and blew it off right in fromt of him. :lol: it had to echo through his car cause he immediately flipped a bitch and pulled us over. but instead of giving me a ticket, he complimented me on my car and let me go. :shock: :lol: I actually had my mechanic and my girlfriend with me, and we told him that we were testing the shift from first to second cause we just did a tranny flush. It was true though :? I guess its cool he understands that. :mrgreen:

Most all BOV's are adjustable, TurboXS valves use shims to control spring tension.

The Turbo XS valve is pretty well set up out of the box for a TGP, shouldn't have to adjust anything I wouldn't think

My TiAl (I didn't even know Garrett made these until I bought mine) on the GTS really doesn't open at all until 10 PSI, so I would probably have to adjust it to get it to work on the TSTE running ~7 or so PSI. The TiAl is probably my favorite BOV I have heard as far as sound goes, a nice sharp Whoooosh. There's a Subaru in town that has some kind of BOV on it that makes a weak whistle sound. :thumbsdown: Blah!

It is quiet but I saw a cop the other day under boost and blew it off right in fromt of him

:lol: I did that exact same thing to a cop last week in the GTS, I pulled out into traffic and got on it, then saw the cop and let off the throttle real quick. The BOV blew off right next to him, no reasion to pull me over though, so he didn't. Luckily I wasn't spinning the tires (surpsisingly) at 20 MPH, but was only on 3/4 throttle. :twisted: If he'd have heard spinning tires I bet he would have gone after me.