Radio compatability

Bake82

Hey guys,

Might be picking up a stock GP cd player for a member on the board here and I need to be able to check if it works. I just want to make sure that the GP cd player will hook up to my CS so I can test it out. all I'm doing is testing it out. Thanks

Kyle

I think 88' was pretty much the update year for just about all GM vehicles for the 21 pin connector, except for the ones that were going to be discontinued soon, but as Crazy stated, his 89 6000 had the 21 pin connectors, so it's not set in stone...for example my grandma has an 89' Celebrity with an old style connector set in it.

I'd say it would work..I've never seen a W with an old connector set in it stock.

oops! typo... I tested it in an 89 corsica, a 90 6000..... but as long as it has a 21 pin connector, and these cars do.

I was wondering myself..why would a 6K get a new harness and not the Celebrity? I've seen a few 90' Celebrity wagons in boneyards, and I've never seen one with the new style plugs.