Check Gauges Light Question

Robby1870

So, I just took my cluster out to first clean it, and secondly to take the parking brake light out, since it just stays on. I do all that, put the cluster back in, and the check guages (NOT Service Engine Soon) light comes on. So, I put the parking break light back in, check guages light still on. All of the guages work just fine, none are giving erroneous readings. I even drove the car around with gauge cluster loose to make sure. Is it one of those things where I have to pull the disconnect the battery to reset it? Im totally lost. If worse comes to worse, I'll just pull the bulb for the check guages light. BTW, this is on the full analog GP gauge cluster. Tach, oil, volts, etc.

you don'at want to pull the bulb. on the 92-94 CS it is the only warning for low oil pressure except for the idiot guages.

Is it possible you damaged one of the pins on the gauge connector? (been there done that) Or damaged a wire on the rear of the cluster? The feed for the check guages light in a CS is internal of the cluster.

As for the brake light... it is a warning light for low fluid level as well...

does your car have a PMIII?

If it is really just the parking brake causing the light to go on, you can see a connector on the mechanism right by the firewall, bend the metal tang or disconnect the wire instead.

I have an oil pressure gauge, so thats no problem. As for brake fluid, its always full, I check it regularly. And, no, I dont have ABS. I ended up just pulling the brake light and the check gauges light. That'll work for now. And, yes its just the parking brake. I went to set it when I first got the car, and its been on since. The parking brake doesnt work anyway, so Im not worried. I might have damaged a solder connection or something, but all the other gauges work just fine, so Im really not worried about it.

I figured thats what it was going to turn out to be, I just wanted to be sure it wasnt something that if I pulled out a light the check gauges light would stay on. I dont really have time right now to fix it right, but I will in the future. I also need to re solder the gas light connections. For now, I just took the gas light, check gauges and parking brake lights out. When I have time, I'll do it right.

The main reason I was asking was the check gauges light JUST starting acting up after I pulled the parking brake light.