I need some insight on drilling into the firewall...

92LuminaRS

Ok, so I need to run 8 wires in through my firewall from the engine compartment into the cabin. Now I know about the factory hole that everyone runs shit through, but I cannot use that one. Why do you ask? because there is currently 87 billion wires running through it for my remote start system. Thus I need to drill a hole in the firewall somewhere to run these wires (I need them to be on the driver side). I CANNOT find ANY place to drill a fucking hole in this car. What isn't inaccessable is just impossible to do anythign with. And that stupid ass big fucking plastic cover piece shit thing on the firewall itself is totally in the way too....

So where do you guys have your holes for running shit into the cabin? I need some insight.

Thanks for the pic!

I'm looking more along the lines of getting it as close to the drivers side of the car becuase that's where the control box is mounted... I might end up using that though.

I don't like that either. too close to moving and hot parts.

how about cuting a hole through the metal behind where the brake pedal is, and just slighlty to the left and below the column??? it would be protected from foot contact by the brake pedal, then just seal it well?

I really cant get a powerdrill near there though. More of the problem is that retarded hugeass plastic piece on the firewall.

Hell, I never even re-installed that rubber hose on the drip tray for the a/c condenser because that stupid plastic doohickey was in the way