New Buick Lacrosse

ZoomZoomFan

Is the new Buick Lacrosse a W-body? I absolutely LOVE those cars. I'd love to have one with all the factory options, black on tan leather. Mmmmm... :shock: :D But anyways, are they a W-body also? And the new Lucerne (which is also pretty nice), what model designation is it?

I'm pretty sure it isn't..

Couldn't tell ya what it is

EDIT: i just read on gminsidenews that the Lacrosse is a W-Body

And they also say the Lucerne is a G-body?

Is the new Buick Lacrosse a W-body? I absolutely LOVE those cars. I'd love to have one with all the factory options, black on tan leather. Mmmmm... :shock: :D But anyways, are they a W-body also? And the new Lucerne (which is also pretty nice), what model designation is it?

I believe that the LaCrosse, Impala, and Grand Prix are all still W-Body cars. The LaCrosse is merely a replacement for the Regal.

Kevin

Correct. The LaCrosse, Impala, MC, and GP are still W-body cars.

Just as an FYI to all, I spoke with a Buick rep recently at the Albany car show, and here is the break down on new Buicks:

LaCrosse = replacement for Regal and Century

Lucerne = replacement for LeSabre and Park Avenue

Allure just sounds so much more appealing than LaCrosse

People in Canadia call it an Allure because in Quebec, people speak French. In French, LaCrosse is slang for "erotic self gratification". No joke. :lol:

W-Body.com: The only place where you can find members drooling over your grandpa's car.

Say what you will, but let me tell you, the LaCrosse is one sweet automobile.

They ride very nicely, feel very solid and honestly, feel much better built than a Grand Prix or an Impala. The Grand Prix is the most fun to drive, but the Buick far and away has the best built feel and nicest ride.

Bottom line: if I had the money to buy any of the new W-Bodies I wanted but could only choose one, the LaCrosse would be first choice, hands down.

Kevin

We are seeing a lot of problems with the power steering systems on those LaCrosses. At least 8 of those racks have been replaced in our dealership alone.. Sticking and clicking badly. Pay $30k for a car, but you can't steer it. They "think" its the intermediate shaft causing problems, but as soon as they replace the rack, they problems are gone. Now we are doing those shafts instead. GM is retarded.