Edit: Z34 louvers in a non Z hood (Finished and on car)

Hairdo12

Why would anyone say that they would look bad? Their the same hoods, just one comes with the vents and the others don't.

I like that color blue, and I think those vents do look good

no need to really measure anything since the underside of the lumina hood is already laid out for the louvers.

looks better then i thought it would, i have a feeling that this is going to spark alot of people doing this.

Yeah the under side of the hood has all the mounting brackets ready to go. I just made a paper template of the louvers and included the mounting screw holes and such. Then I lined everything up on the underside of the hood, drilled three holds in the shape of a triangle through the paper and the hood so I could move the paper template to the top and have it perfectly lined up. Taped the template down and cut with a reinforced dremle cutoff wheel (32000 rpm you will need). You cant use a jigsaw because the mounting bracket on the under side of the hood is in the way on the one side.

nice work....I wish the GP hoods were had the cookie cutter outline like the lumina ones...

well the GPs do have the advantage of being cut and drop and it looks factory, you just have to do extra measureing .

• 1 month later...

Painted the hood today... Turned out well.

Looks a little blotchy near the closest louver, but that is just how the light was hitting it. I will wet sand next weekend.

hood4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got it wet sanded and shined up. I snapped my hood release cable in the process... but that is a different story. Only one shot of the underside so far and its not too good because of the sun. I didn't cut the heat pad at all and it fits just fine. I will get some pictures of the cutouts eventually.

HoodFinished0.jpg

HoodFinished1.jpg

HoodFinished2.jpg

HoodFinished3.jpg