Always wanted to do this to a newer Impala

92LuminaRS

You mean besides the fact that the entire rear panel has been blocked off with white except for 2 circles on either side, along with 2 verticle strips on the side of the tail lamps? Oh, and the Impala logo has been removed, trunk lid has been debaged, and it has dual twin tip exhaust. And.....no trunk key hole?

Man if he was going to do all of that to the trunk panel, then why not "shave" the whole tail light assembly on the trunk by putting a new piece of sheetmetal over that entire part so it looks like one solid piece :shrug: ...

I never understood why people take decent looking rear ends and cover everything but the lights the furthest out (like on cavaliers, the ricers that fill in the trunk part. Just looks so choppy and then theres a huge blank piece in the middle that looks tacky)

I hate the fact that the inside 2 "lights" don't actually light up. Would it be possible to work out some sort of a "mod" and get those to actually function? I'm guessing it wouldn't be easy, but I would defenitly give it a try if I ever get one of those Impalas.

On topic: That looks gay.

IDK, I've always hated those two lights on the impalas that dont serve any purpose other than reverse lights, they look out of place to me. I think the car just looks cleaner w/o them. Mostly, it just annoys me that their pretty much non-functional.

You can see I was bored last night @ 1am... this place gets kinda dead around then :lol:

If you look closer, it's not a base Impala it's at least an LS... Look at the headrests on the front seats.

oh and :puke: that is disgusting looking except for the exhaust... and even that I don't like much.

IDK, I've always hated those two lights on the impalas that dont serve any purpose other than reverse lights, they look out of place to me. I think the car just looks cleaner w/o them. Mostly, it just annoys me that their pretty much non-functional.

You can see I was bored last night @ 1am... this place gets kinda dead around then :lol:

OH. i thought someone really did that to a car. good PS.

I have noticed some Impalas come with a body colored rear panel and some are black....iv'e seen some white ones and silver ones that look Hot with the body colored panel around the lights.....

is this an option or what?

I have noticed some Impalas come with a body colored rear panel and some are black....iv'e seen some white ones and silver ones that look Hot with the body colored panel around the lights.....

It was an appearance package from SLP Engineering, called the Impala LSX:

slplsxpic.jpg

http://www.likeabigdog.com/impfut.htm

http://www.impalahq.com/HowTo/SLP_LSX.html

With it you get the trunk applique, a unique spoiler, 5-spoke 17" wheels, and a unique grille. Also available were engine upgrades for the L36...

Holy crap! Now that I go back and take a hard look at it knowing it's a PS, the only thing that even looks marginally shaky to me is the exhaust is granier than the rest of the picture. But if you hadn't have said anything I'd have NEVER known. Great job!

Yeah, this was one with the body colored panels. I absolutely hate how the base models look w/o them unless it's on a black car

Holy crap! Now that I go back and take a hard look at it knowing it's a PS, the only thing that even looks marginally shaky to me is the exhaust is granier than the rest of the picture. But if you hadn't have said anything I'd have NEVER known. Great job!

Thanks! :)

I couldn't get the exhaust quite right and it was really early in the morning so I was just like 'fuckit, good enough' and gave up :lol: