Did my buddy Pay too much?

Guest cutlass88er

Did he pay too much?  

1. 1. Did he pay too much?

Guest cutlass88er

So long time no post (like since the old forum?), ok so my good ole buddy just got a 95 Lumina Base, with 97K miles, 3100 160HP, Cassette, color code options (wheel and things). I jsut need to know if he paid too much, I think he did! 7995. It think that's too much. He purchased it at a JD Byrider (you know one of those no credit no car no problem places). I did a kbb and it was only like 4400. I know he was eager and I wasn't there to test a car very similiar to mine (He just came from a 87 Ford Ranger203K {the brown ones with 'OPTION', you know, optional staring motor, working susp., lights, exhuast, brakes and vents) and before that he had a 88 Ford AeroStar (the Pig?(you know how ard it is to get laid with something like that)! SO the eagerness was there. It's a really sweet ride for the options it has, new tire and belts, very clean car. But what do you guys think?

Dennis.H

1988 Olds CutSup SL 186k Silver Metallic and maroon fabric, baby!

Word of warning... always do your homework before putting money down; the more you know the bigger of leverage you can use against the seller.

- RedFox340

JD Byrider ALWAYS is overpriced. They gotta be able to save their asses when the person with bad credit, of which they specialize in, isn't able to come up with the money to pay.

Thats seems like way too much I paid $2,400 for my 88 cutlass with the exact same milage. I am only the second owner of it and the first owner was a grandma. I know my car was serviced and mantained well cause my local gm dealership has a huge file of oil changes and what not. If I need to know somthing about the history of my car I just go down there because thats where she had all the work done.

So long time no post (like since the old forum?), ok so my good ole buddy just got a 95 Lumina Base, with 97K miles, 3100 160HP, Cassette, color code options (wheel and things). I jsut need to know if he paid too much, I think he did! 7995. It think that's too much.
Holy crap! Too much is the understatement of the year. I would have gladly sold him my '96 Cutlass for that price!!. Luminas are a dime a dozen, they don't hold resale at all, but he probably could have gotten a Caddy (any model) or an Aurora or Riviera same year for that price or less.

These places tend to cater to people who either don't have the income to get a loan for the car they want from the bank or who have credit histories that are so bad that the banks don't want to have anything to do with them. It sounds like this dealer tries to make up for this credit risk by inflating the sell prices of the cars. Also I wouldn't be surprised if the loan interest rate was well above that of the banks. The other thing I noticed is those small time dealers that run the business out of a trailer usually don't have any vehicles over $10,000. They take the cars that the major dealers get through trade-ins and don't want.

So long time no post (like since the old forum?), ok so my good ole buddy just got a 95 Lumina Base, with 97K miles, 3100 160HP, Cassette, color code options (wheel and things). I jsut need to know if he paid too much, I think he did! 7995. It think that's too much. quote]

Man, he really bent over and took it!

There was a 95 Monte Z34 in the For Sale area for $3000! :lol:

Honestly, he could have bought 3, maybe even 4 of them for that price! Then he would never have had to worry about problems as he'd have plenty of spares.

Wow, 1 for the price of 3. :yikes: