0-55 in the cutlass when its 10 degrees out! lol

94CutlassSLCoupe

Yeah I love thumping on the gas during the cold weather.. especially at the higher speeds it really likes to go. However, I seem to be able to spin the tires better in the summer (or maybe I just don't hear them spinning I dunno.. lol). I do know that the winter gas sucks though. :thumbsdown:

Same, I'm just glad my POS will start, let alone burn off tires haha....mine runs like shit in all type of weather...it likes colder weather but it won't warm up worth shit so I'm not to hard on it.....my brakes in the cold weather work AWESOME though....high pedal, nice and firm, actually grab and stop the car and no fading haha

yeah i'm feeling a burnout video coming sometime this summer lol

it actually is going pretty good...despite my stationary oil pressure gauge.

At least that backs up that my car can spin the tires!!!

My Regal is awsome when it's this cold!!! I don't have any traction in 1st gear at ALL!! Even when downshifting into 1st. :D

EDIT: Here's a video of what I'm talking about. (don't mean to hijack)

Here

ha-ha I can see your staitonary oil guage... I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to normalize the guage right now....

I've just about got it figured out. The 94s, and possibly 92-93s with the analog clusters use a switch, instead of a sender, and have a resistor wired into the circuit so gauge always reads the same. :wink: StockGP probobly didn't mislocate any wires in his adapters...[/hijack]

Nice vid. Seems about dead on with my Cutlass.

ha-ha I can see your staitonary oil guage... I'm in the process of trying to figure out how to normalize the guage right now....

I've just about got it figured out. The 94s, and possibly 92-93s with the analog clusters use a switch, instead of a sender, and have a resistor wired into the circuit so gauge always reads the same. :wink: StockGP probobly didn't mislocate any wires in his adapters...[/hijack]

Nice vid. Seems about dead on with my Cutlass.

WRONG. but CORRECT... But WRONG

here goes... You are referencing completely different issues on seperate models.

The issue of an error in stockgp's harness has to do with a variance he did not know about in lumina clusters... One cluster variation has a oil pressure guage, and the other an idiot light. Each of these clusters has one single difference in the wiring, and that is the position of the oil pressure wire. He has corrected the problem :)

On the 92,93,94 CS cluster, it is a fake oil guage that simply holds steady if there is any oil pressure. It utilizes a switch(on-off) and not a sender. notice in the vid the oil guage. and this I see you are aware of. The factory manual states that there is an inline 68 OHM resister that prevents the fake oil gauge from going full scale, and I'm attempting to locate this reisitor right now. based on probe tests on the rear of the cluster... the reistor is one of two inline resistors on the rear of the guage itself. I'm trying to determine which one it is. In fact I'm starting a new thread right now on this topic.....

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=493662#493662