Quad4 Headlight Upgrade Options - Euro spec?

DPDISXR4Ti

I'm new here so don't beat me :lol: Just wondering if there are any upgrades available for the quad4 headlights as used on the early 90's Pontiac Grand Prix. Is there a Euro spec equivalent that uses H1 and H4 bulbs perhaps?

Here's why I'm asking...

http://www.merkurclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6246

Man, now y'all will REALLY want to give me a beating! :twisted:

What does that link have to do with upgrading the headlights? I really don's see it... I know JCWhitney carries upgrade headlights to use H4's

Did you go all the way to the bottom of the page, where the nose of the GP is mocked up on the Merkur? Any way, so you're saying replacement Euro spec H4 and H1 optics are available in the mini quad size?

fugly3.jpg

Hey, that looks pretty good!

There aren't any aftermarket headlights for the mini quads. You can pry the factory sealed bulbs out and silicone in 9005/9006s, which I and many others have done, but thats about it. I would imagine that you could probobly put any bulb you want in there though...just need to wire and mount it.

My write up might be of assistance to you...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/771265/5

Did you go all the way to the bottom of the page, where the nose of the GP is mocked up on the Merkur?

Yeah I noticed that but didnt understand howyour question about the headlights pertained to it... :shrug:

Anyhow, the only headlight upgrades that I can think of that your talking about is fo the larger style bulbs... You could try expanding where the headlights go mabye, but I think that might be a shitload of work

There aren't any aftermarket headlights for the mini quads. You can pry the factory sealed bulbs out and silicone in 9005/9006s, which I and many others have done, but thats about it. I would imagine that you could probobly put any bulb you want in there though...just need to wire and mount it.

Thanks for the link - good reference. Were these cars sold in Europe at all? Just wondering if they were equipped with the same headlights over there.

Regarding the pic above, my current plan is to use more of the Pontiac nose than pictured - I want to incorporate the two center vents, although I'd likely use a different mesh material. We'll see how it all goes.

Thanks for the pics. It looks like both of those cars have the "standard" size rectangular lights that first appeared in 1976 on GM vehicles. I know that Euro spec H1/H4 optics are available in that size, so all the more reason why that would make sense. That kinda tells me that Euro-spec optics were never available for the mini quad size.