A good day for the Lumina

3pt1lumina

So today I took my future car to work with me; dad's 97 Lumina and was going to have some work done. The Lumina made out pretty good. To start the morning off, the "Dent Wizard" was pulling dents and dings out of the cars at the dealer. I started talking to him and when I asked him if he would do the Lumina, he goes "Yeah $30 I'll go around the entire car and get them all." :shock: I'm like HELL YEA!... So for $30 I got 9 dents/dings removed so now it looks brand new again!!! :D

In addition to that, here's what else she got:

-AC Delco platinum plugs/wires

-Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 Sensor

-Fuel Injectors/Fuel Rail cleaned

-Oil Change

The car is noticeably much more responsive, doesn't shake anymore at lights, or idle irratically. So hopefully you'll stop seeing posts about bad idle and the SES coming on. (well for the 97 anyways) :lol:

Anyways, thought I'd share.

What are you doing with your '90?

Dunno at this point...the 90 isn't getting sold because of sentimental value. However, I don't know when my dad is going to part with his car. I don't think it will be for another few months. Glad he paid for everything today. :D

There's a guy that does dents for us (and also did when I worked for the rental car place) "Dents Unlimited"... guy with tools in his minivan like lights to heat up the metal, pry bars etc. Amazing what that guy can do! Unfortunatly, the ONE dent I have on my car is on a spot he can not get to, it has to be filled.. :bash: I might see sometime if he can get some of the little tiny "dings" out... make everything look all nice and flat again.

Wow, the dent remover people are that cheap?!?!?!

Not usually. There is a guy around here that has been doing it for a while and he charges $85 a panel. So if you have 10 dents in your door it costs $85, but if you have 10 dents spread out all over your car it could cost A LOT more. But this guy is very good and if you have a panel with a few dents its a good deal IMO.

Shawn

So, is the 97 the one getting the MC rims??

The 97 is getting the MC rims... and if I can find true Lumina LS wheels for it, then I'll put the LS wheels on the 97 and the MC rims on the 90.

As for normal prices of door dent removal, typically it's $100 per panel. Because I work at a Pontiac/Buick dealer, they did it for quite the discount which I can't complain about.

Come time to put the 90 back on the road, I'll let him try his luck on that but he's going to shoot me afterwords. I can't even count that high of how many dents are on that car. :lol: