New Door Handle From 1AAuto-91 Lumina

95oldsVan

Damn, if they really cost that much, next time I have one break I'll try to weld it back together!!!

I'll have to check my p/n's to see if they really did go up in price that much.

Damn, if they really cost that much, next time I have one break I'll try to weld it back together!!!

I'll have to check my p/n's to see if they really did go up in price that much.

But I figure if the OEM part last me 5 plus years and the crappy Chinese junk last me maybe 2 years I will pay the extra for the OEM.

Speaking of welding these things back together. I have been milling over just shaving the door handle and rigging up a switch in there to activate a solenoid. I know pot metal is a bitch to weld though.

I just checked Cutlass door handles, LH 10296627 and RH 10296626.

$123.05 and $116.08 shipped, YIKES!!! Doubled in price since I bought one last. :shock:

For that kind of money, I'd definitely try to fix mine. Maybe drill some holes in the broken spots and rivet on some sheetmetal to hold the 2 pieces together.

I was just thinking,twice my door handles broke off in the same place inside.(GM Handles)Im wondering if one can cut a lever out of steel and rivet it in place of the old one.

Or even billet aluminum if possible...I knew a guy on another forum that built his own stuff from a CNC machine he had at work.He made some nice parts for some of the guys at a great price.

I took apart my old GM door handle pieces and aside from the busted pot metal lever,it doesnt look hard to fabricate a new lever from something stronger.Heck I might just transfer the parts to the old handle frame if needed,since the new handle lever looks a bit sturdier than the stocker.

Something for thought.

:)