Found a 5-speed GP

90_Black_TGP

Ok before I go thru the trouble of raping this car for the petals, cables, shifter, console stuff... Will the 5 speeds work on a TGP? Will they hold up and would it be worth it? I miss my LT1 6 speed Z28 and the TGP is the first car that I have owned in about 10-12 years that is an auto. The cadaver car is missing the engine and trans so I would still have to find a tranny, but that would be ok if I already had the interior stuff.

Thoughts/suggestions? If someone who has converted one could tell me what all I would need to pull off the donor car, I would appreciate it...

Edit in- There was also a cloth/leather quad bucket GP. It was different than any of the seats I've seen in GPs. They were leather inserts right down the middle with cloth on the sides of the leather and down the sides...odd

Well my car has had between 300 and 330+ ft/lbs of torque to the wheels through the 282 for what 3 years now and not a single issue. :wink:

My suggestion to you would be to send it to a reputable manual tranny shop that knows 282's and have them go through it and make sure the shims are not worn and the bearings are not holed out! Do not buy a higher milage 282 and then jump on here in 3 weeks and cry about the tranny you spent so much time installing BLEW UP!!! :lol: 8)

325ft/lbs to the wheels and no problems with my 282 :wink: it's not in a TGP but it is a Turbo 3.1

good luck with traction.

With those skinny bicycle tires that are on the TSTE's (225's?) I am sure...put a set of Continental ContiExtreme Contact tires on the TGP and HOLD ON! Best tires in the world for all season Ultra High Performance. Got to drive them in the snow storm this morning....many many FWD cars having a hard time clearing a few steep hills on the way to work...not hardly a slip from those tires for me! :wink: Not to mention DRY traction...WOW! :twisted: 8)