Best struts for 89 Cutlass?

nerfbars

I have Gabriel struts all around on my car and I think they suck! The ride is rough and they leak a lot and freeze up in the winter. I have to change them all the time. I know alot of you guys run the KYB GR2's Are those for the front and back, or just the back? What kind of ride do they give you? Do they last a long time? Any other brands you could recommend? Thanks in advance for the info!

Torch those gabriels. I hate them so much. I put them in the back of my sis's '93 and christ the car rides like it has cement wheels! I have sensatrac at all 4 and it drives better than stock. I mean more towards comfort not stiff to hell so I can corner a little better. I have sway bars for that. Good luck

Are the KYB's really stiff, does anyone know how they compare to Gabriels as far as how stiff the ride is? Do they make the KYB's in the adjustable series for the rear of the W-Body? I'm looking for a nice smooth ride I have strut support bars for cornering and up here in farm country our roads suck.

Are you sure about that? Maybe the Gabriels in my sister's car are just bad. The ride is uncomfortable and outright annoying, if KYB's are stiffer than that, well I don't know how you are able to sit down without a weewee pad

stiffer dosn't mean harder....although it usualy translates into it...it the case of the kyb's from my experience on my car..the valving in the strut does a very good job of absorbing the road shimmie and dips...but the extra stiffness in the strut make steeing the car and going on banking turns alot easier

I put KYB's in the rear of my car. At the same time, I pulled the aux springs. The rear rides hard like a rock. It's like a sports car back there, almost impossible to push down on the car.

Now I don't know if this was caused by the struts, lack of aux springs, or a combination of the two.

I put Monroe Sensatrak on my sister's Cutty (now my stepbrother's) and they pretty much felt like OEM struts to me. Not bad, but not a performance strut.

I'm interested to try to get a softer rear spring in the rear of my car and then see how the KYB's feel.

I put KYB's in the rear of my car. At the same time, I pulled the aux springs. The rear rides hard like a rock. It's like a sports car back there, almost impossible to push down on the car.

Now I don't know if this was caused by the struts, lack of aux springs, or a combination of the two.

My car rides like that too I dont have aux springs and I have no idea what kinda struts I have but I'm pretty sure they are mismatched.

Torch those gabriels. I hate them so much. I put them in the back of my sis's '93 and christ the car rides like it has cement wheels! I have sensatrac at all 4 and it drives better than stock. I mean more towards comfort not stiff to hell so I can corner a little better. I have sway bars for that. Good luck

Does anyone else have the Monroe Sensatracs? I'm trying to decide between them and the KYB's I want whichever one has the smoother ride. I am going for comfort after having these stupid Gabriels.

Yeah I have to agree with the reflex, if you want more comfort than the Gabriels/KYB's and a little more performance than the sensatracs, get the Monroe reflex. I have personal experience with them in my friends car, pretty impressive but you shell out a little more $ than the sensatrac

I just replaced all my struts with the gabriels and it rides like a low rider now, bouncing along at the least little bumb in the road when driving slow.But at high speeds and cornering my car feels planted on the road which ive grown to love traveling on the interstate at 80 and 90 miles per hr.