trunk release button wiring

musthavemuzk

while picking up my fold down back seat today i snagged the actuator from the trunk for the trunk release as well as the button from under the steering wheel.

there was only one wire that went to the actuator and then on the button there was a connector with two wires.

what gives with this?

i would think 2 on each end...unless the one to the actuator is power and with it bolted in is the ground?

can ya help a man out?

Monty

That one wire is hot and bolts that hold it are ground, its very simple to connect just run one wire to the button and from the button to the power and that all it will work

i was thinkin that just had to verify with someone else.

just a simple circuit

i suppose i need to fuse it though.

wonder if i have in inline fuse holder laying around?

Monty

so that i dont have to start a new thread...is there any way to make the trunk release button work so that it pops in any gear? mine will only work in park, not even neutral

You'd have to bypass the park/neutral switch which is on top of the tranny.

Why would you ever need to pop the trunk while in motion?

um cuz theres times i just wanna leave it in drive when im stopped so someone ELSE can get out and get their shit while i remain in the car waiting for them to close it. why put it in park?...and who said anything about being in motion - not I. i just said in gear

My friend an i were driving my Mustang and what he did was fold down the seats and got in my trunk, and whats cool inside the trunk there is a line that you pull and open the trunk so on the lights he opened the trunk and scared people by looking out of the trunk and then closed it, you should see the look on peoples faces.

I connected my trunk release to a remote starter with keyless entry. The solenoid takes a lot of current to activate. An external relay was required. The installation manual recommended a 15A (?) fuse. I tried a smaller fuse (5A?) that I had on hand, which immediately blew.

i have a remote starter sitting here waiting to go in. and that is the plan to operate the trunk release from botht he button on the dash or in the glove box or wherever and then from the keyfob for the remote starter.

just need to get power locks fixed too.

and some decent weather outside.

Monty