metal steering column removal question

92SL

I need to remove the ignition key cylinder assembly & this 92 supreme 3.1L has a metal casing around it(anti-theft) I'm guessing. How the heck do you remove this thing. I was told by the dealer that there's a special tool but they wouldn't give more info on what it is or how to do it. Does anyone know :D

You need to remove the steering wheel, the plastic shroud and unbolt the signal switch and set aside. On the bottom-right of the "face" of the column you'll now see a silver round washer piece. This is spring loaded. Insert a tool (usually a phillips screwdriver) push town and turn a little, then slowly release. Now looking inside you'll see a hex head screw you'll need to remove, then the cylinder comes out. I'll se if I can get you better detailed instructions.

there are two pins, one in each side of the column. To remove those, sometimes you have to deburr the edges of the hole they are mounted in... and i have used a Stainless Steel screw locked into a slide hammer... i believe it is a numer 10 or number 8 threaded screw. and you pull them out to remove the top of the column.

the stainless steel screw is stronger than a basic screw, which would snap with the force of the slaide hammer.